PDA

View Full Version : Old player returning--need to re-buy on Steam to play?

Sinner
07-12-2018, 12:35 AM
It's been a long time since I played this game, and I can't remember whether it was a donation or just a free early access game? But I was wondering if my old account was still around or if I have to re-buy on Steam to play. I can't seem to find any old account e-mails in my e-mail other than some old forum links that appear now to be dead, so this game must have been free when I was playing? Or am I wrong?

ShieldBreaker
07-12-2018, 12:58 AM
If you made alpha-characters they will still be in the database. There have been no wiping of characters in the time I have been here, and haven't heard of any from earlier. You will need to know your in game login information if you want to link them to a steam account.

You could test the game in alpha for free, you have had to buy it, since it has been in beta.

If you had a package your steam key would have been sent out way earlier this year. You would need to check with the site you would have backed on, like Kickstarter or Indiegogo. You would have to provide exact details: your full name, email, place of contribution (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or the GorgonShop), and the confirmation number. If you have those send them to support(at)projectgorgon.com.

Check those funding sites, I think it is possible to see what you have backed. If you didn't back the game long ago, you might have just tested it during alpha.

Crissa
07-12-2018, 09:31 AM
Unless you bought it before, you need to buy it now.

It was possible to play in Alpha without buying.

Sinner
07-12-2018, 10:09 AM
If you made alpha-characters they will still be in the database. There have been no wiping of characters in the time I have been here, and haven't heard of any from earlier. You will need to know your in game login information if you want to link them to a steam account.

You could test the game in alpha for free, you have had to buy it, since it has been in beta.

If you had a package your steam key would have been sent out way earlier this year. You would need to check with the site you would have backed on, like Kickstarter or Indiegogo. You would have to provide exact details: your full name, email, place of contribution (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or the GorgonShop), and the confirmation number. If you have those send them to support(at)projectgorgon.com.

Check those funding sites, I think it is possible to see what you have backed. If you didn't back the game long ago, you might have just tested it during alpha.

I could have sworn I backed it and bought it, but maybe not. When I search "Gorgon" in my e-mail I just have old Forum posts, so that probably means I just played the free alpha?

Eachna
08-10-2018, 11:04 PM
I could have sworn I backed it and bought it, but maybe not. When I search "Gorgon" in my e-mail I just have old Forum posts, so that probably means I just played the free alpha?

Send an email to support and see if they can find your account. It may be you had a backer's key and lost the mail (or it went to spam). It doesn't hurt to ask.