PDA

View Full Version : A question on the legality of keybinding.

snowe
06-22-2018, 01:59 PM
I already use software (Razer Synapse, which comes with a Razer mouse and keyboard) to bind the control key press to one of my side mouse buttons so I can more easily toggle between using my primary skill and secondary skill abilities with numbered keys... presumably this is 'ok'.

If I were to similarly bind one of the extra keys on my keyboard to being a series of non-reactive keystrokes, like 'ctrl-4, 4, ctrl-5', would that also be 'ok'? The goal in doing so would be to group 2-3 like abilities that have no strategic dependence under a single button press so they can more easily be mashed.

Crissa
06-22-2018, 09:10 PM
You can do that with bindings in the game.

If Citan has assigned it to a key, he must mean for us to use it as a hook. I can't imagine he cares where it is on our computer or mice. I often play using a Tartarus instead of using bindings on the keyboard. I bind my talk and tab to my mouse.

It would be incredibly insensitive to those who have mobility issues to say one type of keybinding is the only way to do it.

-Crissa

mrwarp
06-22-2018, 10:29 PM
In the case of macros, the keyword in the rule is UNATTENDED. If you are sitting at the keyboard actively hitting these keys to enact said keystrokes then you are fine. If the said keystrokes are not initiated by your own hand then that would be considered unattended and grounds for action to be taken.