PDA

View Full Version : a question

westtell42
01-27-2017, 01:15 PM
I have a question.. i'm getting very invested in this game and community even know it's in an alphastate at the moment when it launches on steam green light are we going to have to buy the game because id hate to not be able to play it XOXO Crimson Sunrise

kell.shepherd
01-27-2017, 01:27 PM
The game will sell for 39.99 on Steam. You can 'donate' now and get the game for free as well as some other perks like VIP or a horse mount etc.

westtell42
01-27-2017, 01:34 PM
39.99 is way outside my price range i can do 20 bucks max i'm in college and poor i work nearly a full time job already just to eat and have a place to live

westtell42
01-27-2017, 01:36 PM
and u can only get the game not from donating but from buying from the shop gorgon and paying 75 dollars i want lower not higher

kell.shepherd
01-27-2017, 01:38 PM
Like I said, it should be 39.99 WHEN it hits steam. Other payment options also come with other benefits.

alleryn
01-27-2017, 02:08 PM
If you are very active on the forums you can unlock a steam key with 100,000 forum Points

It's unreaonable to expect development to go on without some financial compensation. Sorry, but that's life. Fourty dollars is the price of one drink per month at a bar over the course of a year, or eating in instead of going out to dinner a ouple times. It's far less than the price of one textbook, which are often available for use in a college library.

These are just a few ideas of how you can save money if Project:Gorgon is important to you. If not, i understand; there are plenty of free games out there to play that don't require funding for involved development, such as online chess. Good luck in college!

Spiritfingers
01-27-2017, 02:51 PM
If you know it isn't reasonable for you to save up $39.99 for PG, it might be better to stop now. It will only cause anguish to keep enjoying the game and getting into the characters that you are building - just to know you have to stop it all when Steam launches.

Hood
01-28-2017, 06:34 AM
If you know it isn't reasonable for you to save up $39.99 for PG, it might be better to stop now. It will only cause anguish to keep enjoying the game and getting into the characters that you are building - just to know you have to stop it all when Steam launches.

Or just offer to fix someone's computer for 20 bucks, rake a yard, pick up an additional student aide program for a little while, go busking (might need a permit), or get a job at a grocery store for a couple of weeks.

Spiritfingers
01-28-2017, 09:13 AM
Or just offer to fix someone's computer for 20 bucks, rake a yard, pick up an additional student aide program for a little while, go busking (might need a permit), or get a job at a grocery store for a couple of weeks.

For most people that would work. OP said he is a college student who already has an almost full time job. I think by him saying that, he isn't going to do any of what you listed.

Tagamogi
01-28-2017, 07:27 PM
You can always enjoy the game while it lasts. The Steam release has been "soon" for over a year now. It may really be soon now, but I'd guess it's still a couple months away. When the game finally moves to Steam, you might be ready to take a break anyway. And by the time you have some spare cash, Gorgon will be a shinier, better game with fewer bugs and lots of new stuff to explore. ( And yes, it's still going to suck not to be able to play, I know. The Steam release is likely to make the game unplayable for me for a while, so I'm hoping it'll be closer to summer when there are other things going on anyway.)

drivendawn
01-28-2017, 08:27 PM
I suggest if you have 20 bucks now for it to save it and in 2 to 3 months when it launches on steam you may likely have another 20. ;)