PDA

View Full Version : The Legion of Bones

Leodane
06-20-2018, 05:35 AM
Hi, folks,

I main as bard/ment, but I've been leveling necromancy lately for funsies. Hoooo boy, it's not easy. Last night, though, I grouped with several other necromancers over the course of the evening, and let me tell you, having a group of three necromancers with two skelly archers, two skelly mages, and two skelly swordsmen was a lot of fun. So it got me thinking, maybe us necromancers need to unionize!

Would anyone be interested in starting a necromancy-themed guild? I thought the Legion of Bones sounded like a good name. Imagine it: a group of 6 necromancers...with a horde of skeletons and shambling corpses to do our bidding! I know, I know, one AoE and it's all over. I think it'd be good fun, regardless. We could also start doing some serious examination and feedback for necromancy, and offering assistance to young potential necromancers who need to visit the crypt and get their initial training.

Rules Brainstorm:
1. RP welcome, but nothing uncomfortable. I feel like this would work much more effectively if we went for cartoonish villainy, rather than dark horror. Necromancy can get a little...awkward...if someone goes to a dark place in their RP. Perhaps, if systems are ever put into place, we could serve as PC villains for other guilds and whatnot.

2. For guild outings, at least one of your bars should be necromancy. Otherwise, level what you want! To be clear, necro doesn't have to be your highest skill, just the one you bring to guild functions.

3. We all have friends, and plenty of those friends probably don't want to fiddle with necromancy, so the Legion will have an auxiliary - the Skull Guard. Each necromancer could, perhaps, have a +1 in the guild. A bodyguard or some-such. Not necessarily a martial character, just an excuse for us to include non-necromancers in our NEFARIOUS DOINGS! MWAHAHA *twirls moustache*

4. We'll try to keep a stock of femurs, hearts, and spleens.

5. Maybe we try to have a lil' meeting once a week to do some alchemy, or perhaps go on some Corpse Talking field trips. Dunno. Lots of options.

6. This probably shouldn't be a "HARDCORE RAIDING GUILD"...think of it more as a support group for people who are tired of their skeletons dying. =P We can probably also get some sweet screen shots with all the skeletons and zombies running around.

I've never even looked at guilding in this game before, but with the difficulties of necromancy and the fun I had grouping, this seemed like a no-brainer. If anyone is interested, please respond here and we'll figure out times. I'm Eastern Standard Time.

Also, if anyone can offer any advice on guild functionality in this game, it's welcome.

-Soulspinner