PDA

View Full Version : Teleportation suggestions

cr00cy
01-27-2017, 09:39 AM
So just few sugestions for Teleportation skills that i think would greatly help:
1)Teleport back - teleports you to the last circle you teleported from. Must be standing on a teleportation circle.(it woudl allow to travel back - for exampel if we tp from rahu to kur, we can use it to go abck to rahu)
2)Mark - marks teleportation cyrcle. You can mark one circle in each zone. When you die you can respawn on marked circle.
3)Warp - teleports you to marked circle in zone you are currently in. (jut for movement in the same zone)
4)Recall beggining - well this is much less usefull now that it teleports to last portal used to enter zone. But there are few situations where its actualy helpfull (for example after finishe ddungeon farming, when i go to vendor tos ell my stufff, i cna use it to quickly go back to dungeon). Thats why i would suggest making anotehr skill taht woudl have the same funcionality as old recall begginign - teleportating us to enterance to teh zone we are in.

Also about recall hearts home - since patch that changed recall beginign my "most used" spot is stuck at serbule - even tough i recalled to this circle probably less than 10 times. Anyone else have this problem?

Tagamogi
01-27-2017, 10:49 AM
I love every single one of your suggestions. The more I think about them, the more I drool at the idea of actually seeing them implemented. :D I've been trying to think of ways to make traveling more convenient without utterly trivializing world size, and I think your suggestions strike a great balance.

I'd also suggest that the Mark Circle spell could have expensive ingredients, or maybe even require some zone-specific drops, but that the recall spells use more common ingredients (i.e. no ancient stencils).

I'm pretty sure my heart's home is in Serbule as well. Maybe the home is set based on the circle we teleport from, rather than the circle we teleport to?

Spiritfingers
01-27-2017, 12:39 PM
So just few sugestions for Teleportation skills that i think would greatly help:
1)Teleport back - teleports you to the last circle you teleported from. Must be standing on a teleportation circle.(it woudl allow to travel back - for exampel if we tp from rahu to kur, we can use it to go abck to rahu)
2)Mark - marks teleportation cyrcle. You can mark one circle in each zone. When you die you can respawn on marked circle.
3)Warp - teleports you to marked circle in zone you are currently in. (jut for movement in the same zone)
4)Recall beggining - well this is much less usefull now that it teleports to last portal used to enter zone. But there are few situations where its actualy helpfull (for example after finishe ddungeon farming, when i go to vendor tos ell my stufff, i cna use it to quickly go back to dungeon). Thats why i would suggest making anotehr skill taht woudl have the same funcionality as old recall begginign - teleportating us to enterance to teh zone we are in.

Also about recall hearts home - since patch that changed recall beginign my "most used" spot is stuck at serbule - even tough i recalled to this circle probably less than 10 times. Anyone else have this problem?

I don't have the problem with this problem of your last paragraph. I leveled to Kur over and over again and once I got Hearts home, I always tele to Kur. It's working for me.

cr00cy
01-27-2017, 01:27 PM
I love every single one of your suggestions. The more I think about them, the more I drool at the idea of actually seeing them implemented. :D I've been trying to think of ways to make traveling more convenient without utterly trivializing world size, and I think your suggestions strike a great balance.

I'd also suggest that the Mark Circle spell could have expensive ingredients, or maybe even require some zone-specific drops, but that the recall spells use more common ingredients (i.e. no ancient stencils).

I'm pretty sure my heart's home is in Serbule as well. Maybe the home is set based on the circle we teleport from, rather than the circle we teleport to?

Recall Hearts home is supposed to teleport you to circle you teleported to most.

Hood
01-27-2017, 02:49 PM
I definitely love these suggestions! My Heart's Home takes me to Serbule ;)

Spiritfingers
01-27-2017, 02:55 PM
I think I know why Serbule isn't my Heart's home spot. I always (ever since I got the skill) killed myself and used Enter the Light to get to Serbule. I have only ever bound myself to two spots - Kur and Ilmari. Now that my teleportation is high enough, I am bound to Ilmari and use Heart's Home for Kur.

cr00cy
01-27-2017, 03:55 PM
I think I know why Serbule isn't my Heart's home spot. I always (ever since I got the skill) killed myself and used Enter the Light to get to Serbule. I have only ever bound myself to two spots - Kur and Ilmari. Now that my teleportation is high enough, I am bound to Ilmari and use Heart's Home for Kur.

Well thtas what is starnge - liek i said i recalled to Serbule circle only few times,a dn liek 1-2 intentionaly - rest was when i was checkign if my bind spot ofr Recall hearts home changed alredy.

For me its shoudl be eitehr Kur near tavern, or Rahu. this 2 spots i recalled to very often.

I dont know why its stuck in serbule for me,a dn its god damm annoying.

ps. today when srand poped in game i asked about it, and she said tehre were multipel reports of recall herts home acting starnge. Well i guess i report it yet again.

Spiritfingers
01-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Well thtas what is starnge - liek i said i recalled to Serbule circle only few times,a dn liek 1-2 intentionaly - rest was when i was checkign if my bind spot ofr Recall hearts home changed alredy.

For me its shoudl be eitehr Kur near tavern, or Rahu. this 2 spots i recalled to very often.

I dont know why its stuck in serbule for me,a dn its god damm annoying.

ps. today when srand poped in game i asked about it, and she said tehre were multipel reports of recall herts home acting starnge. Well i guess i report it yet again.

Sounds like I got lucky then. If my hearts recalled to Serbule I'd be beyond pissed... I would hate having to run from Ilmari or Elt to Kur.

Tagamogi
01-27-2017, 06:37 PM
I just checked my teleports on my main and alt, and both list as the most common destination "Serbule and Northern Surrounds". I don't think that's likely to be accurate.

cratoh
01-28-2017, 01:21 AM
I think what is probably happening is that it counts teleporting out, as well as teleporting in. As although I call TO Rahu more than any other destination I call FROM Serbule all the time.

So in fact it is working correctly in terms of what it says - but not very effectively as a means of getting around.

I'd wager everybody's 'most used' teleporter is in fact Serbule, as that's where we all use to return places after dying to get back to Serbule. A more useful spell would be 'Traveler's Target' - teleports you to your most common arrival teleport pad.

cr00cy
01-28-2017, 05:40 AM
I think what is probably happening is that it counts teleporting out, as well as teleporting in. As although I call TO Rahu more than any other destination I call FROM Serbule all the time.

So in fact it is working correctly in terms of what it says - but not very effectively as a means of getting around.

I'd wager everybody's 'most used' teleporter is in fact Serbule, as that's where we all use to return places after dying to get back to Serbule. A more useful spell would be 'Traveler's Target' - teleports you to your most common arrival teleport pad.

Point is, accordign to description, its not "most used" but one you "recalled most time to". So, in other words, your most common destination.

My theory is that it somehow counts "enter the light" as teleporting to serbule (even tough it dont chnage your "last recall" target). That coudl explain it, sinc ei (and probably everyone else) use this method to get to serbule fast very often.

Hood
01-28-2017, 06:28 AM
No clue why I move to serb on Heart's Home, but I like it. I've mostly gone to Serb using Enter the Light, so it makes no sense.

For a couple days it was the Teleportation trainer's pad. then it changed to serb thankfully.

Easylivin
01-30-2017, 04:11 AM
With the new zone I've found a way to use recall beginnings more effectively.

While traveling across the map I'll hope in and out of a dungeon to save my recall beginnings location. That way if I die I don't have to walk all the way back.

Also with Kur. I usually don't want to stay in Kur outpost, so once I'm done at the outpost I RB and continue with my day.

Maybe it needs to be changed to "Recall Last" :confused:

Grobyddonot
01-30-2017, 08:23 AM
A Teleportation suggestion, because the entire teleportaion skill is average.
Completely Rework the teleportation skill. Make it so that we're able to teleport to any location(pad) using a tp pad. Better yet any point on the map, much like it was in UO with runes.

This will improve the quality of life and make a teleportation skill very good. It's not the worst teleportaion skill I saw in a videogame, but it's far from being a good one.