PDA

View Full Version : Wiki Account Password Reset Problems

Tychicus
06-03-2018, 05:23 PM
I just created my wiki account on Friday I think (or thereabouts) and tried to log in this weekend and couldn't (I probably saved the wrong password). Well I requested a reset (via username: Tychicus) but never received the email. I confirmed that I used the right email address because resetting via email address informed me that I already requested a reset within the last 24 hours.

I requested another reset earlier today and still haven't received the email (yes I checked the spam folder).

Please help, I'm eager to help out on the wiki!

Greyfyn
06-03-2018, 06:35 PM
I also have this problem.

I have not gotten any emails in all of my attempts. /stuck

jackybah
06-05-2018, 12:51 PM
I have had that problem since november 23rd 2017.

I was able to create a new wiki-account. Even on that new account I again was not able to change the password have a mail send to me.

https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?906-Trouble-logging-in-to-Wiki-and-reset-password-there-doesnt-seem-to-work

Kind regards

Jackybah

Tychicus
06-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Yeah I was also able to create additional accounts with the same email address (which I think is also a separate problem), but was also unable to get the server to send me a password reset for those accounts.

Hopefully we can get some resolution on this soon.

Silvonis
06-05-2018, 03:02 PM
You need to whitelist projectgorgon.com with your email provider and then request an automated password reset. You can Google the specifics for your host. If you are using GMX or similar European providers, you may need to create an email account with Google to bypass these sort of issues.

Tychicus
06-05-2018, 04:47 PM
Silvonis,

I've already received some emails from projectgorgon.com, and while they were in the spam folder initially, they were definitely there/findable. I cannot say the same about any emails that may have been sent from the wiki and thus I am skeptical that this is the issue.

With that said, I went ahead and whitelisted projectgorgon.com and wiki.projectgorgon.com. I'll try and reset my password again tomorrow since I tried this morning and have to wait another 24 hours. I'll update you tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Tychicus
06-06-2018, 01:41 PM
Silvonis,

I reset my password again around 11:30AM-ish EST, and 5 hours later I still haven't received an email. For sanity I also checked the spam folder. I think this is a server side issue.

jackybah
11-03-2018, 03:31 AM
Please know that Betanotus updated the wiki to indicate that the problems with account managemtn on the wiki should be solved.

Betanotus said:
The wiki is no longer experiencing email related trouble. Everyone should be able to confirm their accounts, reset passwords, and perform other previously broken tasks!

I myself was able to do a reset of my original Wiki-account now.
Thank you !