PDA

View Full Version : [Resource] Skills Compatibility Chart

Auth
12-23-2016, 03:20 PM
Here's a compatibility chart of all the current skills in the game:

http://savemepig.com/sites/default/files/skills_compat_v1.0.jpg

Thanks to Stock for the idea. Also, it may not be 100% accurate yet as I took some educated guesses on some skills I'm not very familiar with, so please let me know of any discrepancies and I'll update it.

Thanks & enjoy!

Spiritfingers
01-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Thank you for bringing this over to the new forums. If I had known about this list, I wouldn't have started some of the combat skills I did.

jackybah
01-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Thanks for this chart. Please know I copied it into the WIKI. While uploading the chart I included a comment to give Auth credit for it.

I was wondering a little about the way that Unarmed can be combined with every other combat skill. Since most other Combat Skill will require the player to have that type of weapon equiped , I think that mean that a large number of the Unarmed abilities would not be available. (I think of Sword, Hammer, Staff, Archery, Shield). Would it be be more correct to represent the Combination (e.g. Unarmed&Sword) with a '?'

Kind regards

alleryn
01-15-2017, 12:53 PM
Thanks for this chart. Please know I copied it into the WIKI. While uploading the chart I included a comment to give Auth credit for it.

I was wondering a little about the way that Unarmed can be combined with every other combat skill. Since most other Combat Skill will require the player to have that type of weapon equiped , I think that mean that a large number of the Unarmed abilities would not be available. (I think of Sword, Hammer, Staff, Archery, Shield). Would it be be more correct to represent the Combination (e.g. Unarmed&Sword) with a '?'

Kind regards
Seems reasonable to me. Certain combinations of skills offer more or less synergy than others, but the clash between unarmed and any weapon wielding skill seems extreme. Are there even 6 unarmed skills you can put on your hotbar when wieding a weapon?

Awesome chart by the way!

ShubiMaja
02-08-2017, 04:27 PM
This chart has the added bonus of making a great icon:
> http://i.imgur.com/7jk8sqK.png <
Awesome job!

Khaylara
02-08-2017, 10:00 PM
Since someone asked already, Unarmed is fully compatible only with Psychology, Mentalism, Necromancy (providing you wear a necromancy gem necklace) and animal handling. Equipping a weapon (other than claw+cestus) or being an animal (no hands/fists) disables the unarmed abilities that involve hands (like Punch, Barrage etc)

It can be combined with anything else but it would lose all the "hands" abilities (including the basic skill I believe) so the combination with the rest of the skillsets is only partial.

Extractum11
02-08-2017, 10:19 PM
being an animal (no hands/fists) disables the unarmed abilities that involve hands (like Punch, Barrage etc)

I was told that this changed recently (animals now have full access to unarmed), but haven't tried it out yet

Hood
02-09-2017, 01:46 AM
Yes, animals now have full access to all unarmed abilities when they wield the correct unarmed weapons, depending on what the ability requires.

Tsugumori
02-09-2017, 04:47 AM
This is awesome Auth, way handier to have it laid out like this now that I see it on a table.

Khaylara
02-09-2017, 09:45 AM
I was told that this changed recently (animals now have full access to unarmed), but haven't tried it out yet

That would be really strange tbh:O But you're probably right, I haven't tried recently either. Somehow a wolf fist punching is a bit too unrealistic for me.

Hoxard
02-09-2017, 12:02 PM
Wolves can use unarmed abilities that require claws(like slashing strike) when they have empty hands, but for some reason equipping weapons disables that, which defeats the point and makes no sense but oh well. If you equip a cestus and claw they get full compatibility though.

I'd like to give lycan/unarmed a proper try, but getting my hands on a decent pair of unarmed weapons is not happening any time soon and is keeping me from trying the combo.

Hood
02-10-2017, 05:47 AM
Wolves can use unarmed abilities that require claws(like slashing strike) when they have empty hands, but for some reason equipping weapons disables that, which defeats the point and makes no sense but oh well. If you equip a cestus and claw they get full compatibility though.

I'd like to give lycan/unarmed a proper try, but getting my hands on a decent pair of unarmed weapons is not happening any time soon and is keeping me from trying the combo.

That is because currently the skill is setup to allow the use of any unarmed ability without any weapon equipped. Once you equip a shield etc., it sees that your hand is no longer "Empty"; while when wielding a Katar(mh) or Claw(oh) is still considered having an "Empty Hand".

I recommend equipping the Unarmed skill in a lab run and using a crappy one until you find a great one in another lab run. Currently the best way to get uncraftable weapons.

**On the subject of Unarmed weapons and abilities which are accessible based on which weapons are equipped, I agree that it's confusing and not very intuitive. However, currently Animals have access to all abilities while having no weapons equipped OR having Unarmed weapons (Katar/Claw) equipped. This has been listed in previous update notes and is an experiment on Citan's part. It is intended play right now.**

Eachna
03-05-2017, 05:46 AM

I looked in the wiki the other day to compare skills and couldn't find it. I tried a few searches but nothing came up. Would you be willing/able to link it off the combat skills page? I apologize in advance if I missed it being there already.

alleryn
03-05-2017, 06:50 AM
I looked in the wiki the other day to compare skills and couldn't find it. I tried a few searches but nothing came up. Would you be willing/able to link it off the combat skills page? I apologize in advance if I missed it being there already.

http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Skill_Compatibility_Chart

What page do you want it to link from?

Eachna
03-05-2017, 03:48 PM
http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Skill_Compatibility_Chart

What page do you want it to link from?

I linked it myself. Thanks :D. I wish I could upvote you/give you karma :D.

Edit: To the person who originally created the chart - this is an AWESOME resource. Thanks for creating it.

Maphyr
03-11-2017, 05:00 AM
Somehow a wolf fist punching is a bit too unrealistic for me.

But a wolf with a weapon is more realistic than a wolf using his claws?

Wat.

If you're looking for realism, I'd say you're playing the wrong genre of game. MMO's are typically very high Fantasy setting.

Caustic
03-25-2017, 04:10 AM
Really useful thanks.
On that I would really like to see animals be able to wear a wooden item to allow fire/ice

walpurgisnacht
08-29-2017, 09:09 PM
Is it possible to be a Pig/Necromancer without a necklace? Im not that familar with the Necromancy gems other than you get some item in the crypts.

I have a pig potion (and a deer potion) - what would be the best way to go about being a pig or deer necromancer? Im assuming pig would make a better necro as its a support skill.

Also, bard isnt on here, but its basically like sword in that it equips to main hand, how does animal and main hand work? Can you end up as a deer bard?

karunama
10-04-2017, 11:08 AM
Is it possible to be a Pig/Necromancer without a necklace? Im not that familar with the Necromancy gems other than you get some item in the crypts.

I have a pig potion (and a deer potion) - what would be the best way to go about being a pig or deer necromancer? Im assuming pig would make a better necro as its a support skill.

Also, bard isnt on here, but its basically like sword in that it equips to main hand, how does animal and main hand work? Can you end up as a deer bard?

No to all of that. Pets aren't affected by AoE support/heal/buff abilities, so despite what *should* be the case, support/pet skill combos are the worst way to utilize pets instead of the best.

Animals are generally not considered able to wield any weapons/offhands, and even if you have them equipped, they don't count towards any skill requirements. Thus animal necromancers need to wear a necklace, since orbs/staffs don't work for them.

Bard is unique in that it's the only skill line that has skills that are dependent on you wielding the correct weapons in *both* hands. A lute in your main hand and a horn in your offhand. Like most support skills so far, it's very limited in who can use it.