PDA

View Full Version : Can't Steam Connect Properly

Barwyn
05-18-2018, 05:52 PM
Hello, when I launch the game through steam, it does the usual where it asks me if I'd like to link to an alpha account, I choose yes. Then when I put my username and password in it says "Username or password incorrect!" however I can log into the forums using this account info just fine.

When I attempted the steam link option through the forums I got it to connect but it has this issue

Profile Pic (https://i.imgur.com/pZRJvR4.png)

Any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Barwyn

ShieldBreaker
05-18-2018, 06:09 PM
Your forum account, your alpha account, and your steam account, are three separate accounts. If you played the game with the stand alone player, before the game was released on Steam Early Access, then you would have been logging in with your alpha account. The information you used back then in the old client is what you need to enter for the linking between your alpha account and your steam account.

When you are at the linking window in-game...
"If you don't remember your old password, use the link in-game to reset your password. If the password-reset email doesn't show up, please check your Spam folder for it. If your email address has changed or you have other problems logging into your account, email us at support(at)projectgorgon.com" and they will help get you set up if you are a returning alpha player.

Taledar
05-19-2018, 09:12 AM
When I attempted the steam link option through the forums I got it to connect but it has this issue

Profile Pic (https://i.imgur.com/pZRJvR4.png)

Any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Barwyn

Your Steam ID is showing on your post, I see the same thing in my profile when I look at mine.

Taledar
05-19-2018, 11:03 AM
I had my profile set to private so it wasn't pulling any info. Once I changed my privacy settings in Steam it started pulling the "Now Playing" info. Mine still isn't pulling my Steam profile picture/avatar and the I'm still getting the following:

Current Steam Displayname:[FETCH ERROR]

Profile visibility state:[FETCH ERROR]

Maybe the vBulletin plugin for linking to Steam needs parameters updated or just needs to be updated itself if something changed on Steam's end?