PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro graphics issue

Knockturn
05-09-2018, 01:59 PM
I’m new to the game and quickly discovered that I’m unable to see anything once I leave the starter island. Leaving either through the spider cave exit or via teleport, arrival in the main game results in a black screen. Graphics settings seem to make no difference. The OS is completely updated. I found discussions last year about similar issues or outright game crashing on Mac OS, but nothing current.

ShieldBreaker
05-09-2018, 06:06 PM
If this was about Windows, I'd feel more confident that it has to do with running low on memory and resulting in a huge slowdown on loading. If you started another character and it worked fine, you could use that character to adjust graphic settings and use the "/unstickchar NAME. That will move your other character to a new area and you should then be able to login without issues. " If starting a character is fine and works right, it might help to make sure you don't have programs using up computer resources, things like open web browsers and music players. You will also want to adjust the graphics quality level downward, and ensure that the auto-adjust graphic quality level is disabled.

Although a little Windows focused, maybe check this thread.
https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?136-Project-Gorgon-Support-Troubleshooting-Read-First!

Knockturn
05-10-2018, 08:26 AM
I moved the conversation over to tech talk but to answer your post My mac is heavy on memory and low on resource load. I'm having the same problem with new characters. Im guessing its a graphics card issue.