PDA

View Full Version : Any wolf-only guilds out there?

VanityR
05-01-2018, 12:32 AM
I was hitting up orcs for wolf altar quest yesterday with a pack of wolves and it felt awesome - This had me thinking - "I wonder if there's a Lycan only guild in the game, and.. Could I join?"

And if not - Someone should totally set one up :)

EDIT: An example of what I think a guild like this should be like: I was not capable of doing the orcs myself, so I had to reach out and group up with people. The whole experience was great, being shown the optimal way through Kur, and essentially being looked after by higher level Lycans. I want to be able to do this for others too when I'm of a higher level.

I think providing a guild for Lycans would enable this type of experience for many newer, and lower level lycans (I saw a few people asking for help to get to the wolf altar recently), and would provide a guild containing people that could answer any questions they have related to lycanthropy (Note: I wouldn't want a 'forced' wolf form guild - that's not what Lycanthropy is about, rather just that the person is a lycanthrope)

During the full moon the whole guild will be forced in their wolf forms, and everyone should have motivation to get tokens from the wolf altar by completing quests - This would make it just that much more easier to find a group of wolves to help out with higher level quests.

I wouldn't be opposed to setting one up myself WHEN I hit the point where I have those sort of funds (let me know if you'd be interested in the idea, or would be willing to set one up / joint-run one if it doesn't already exist)

Kora
07-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Edit: I decided to follow through this idea, with a twist. The related recruitment post can be found here:
https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?1650-quot-Wolf-Pack-quot-Lycanthropes-Werewolves-and-Friends

It can't be too bad of an idea since no one responded with doom, gloom and naysaying, right? ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi VanityR,

I know this is a few months later but I see that no one has responded and I am a little worried about starting this type of guild due to lack of responses. But maybe it's worth pursuing after all?

I thought about doing this! I've done this sort of thing in other games (all Druid guild in WoW, for example). They were some memorable experiences and a couple of them were a lot of fun.

I think it's definitely doable in this game more than most.

My first thought when creating a guild was going with an all Animal form guild (e.g., each character has to be and remain in one animal form or another). I thought that this would at least allow for some diversity while also catering to animal players.

In another conversation somewhere, I heard a player mention that such a guild could let Humans, Elves and Rakshasa into the guild as animal owners/tamers/handlers/adopted parents, etc.

On the other hand, I think a wolf brotherhood/sisterhood forming a guild, an oversized wolf pack as it were, could create a very unique and enjoyable experience for some players!

I have a LOT of experience managing guilds, communities and websites but very little experience in this game, unfortunately. Or I would have dove headfirst with this idea already! I already created a guild just a few days ago (named Divine Prophecy) but I have been strongly considering this idea and similar ones.

Before I would re-invest 8k councils to start such a guild, I would be very interested to know how possible the veteran/Alpha players think this idea is, and how well it would play out in the future.

Maybe there's a better way to set up the guild than what I've thought of so far?

The guild could be The Wolf Pack or, The Animal Farm and have a pig named Napoleon leading it... I'm REALLY down with one of these two ideas.

Is anyone else?