PDA

View Full Version : Cant link to my accounts

mike1097
04-28-2018, 09:26 AM
Hello dear Team,

I've just bought Project Gorgon but somehow I cant connect my Steam account to my Project Gorgon account.

Is there a work-around or something?
I've tried it trough the website and the ingame client, both did not work.

mike1097
04-28-2018, 09:36 AM
Ok this is pretty weird. Looking at my Account I obviously used another, newer Account I've created on May 2017 (this one here). I had to sync with another username than I log in on the website. This is weird. My Characters are missing.. one was called "Lynyrd Skynyrd" and another one "Drunhall" I think... none of them is on my linked account. The only one I find is "Fluzoo"... im so confused.

ShieldBreaker
04-28-2018, 10:50 AM
1) Play the game from Steam. You will see the welcome screen that just asks you to click "Log In". Click it!

2) Now you're asked if you are a new user or if you already have an account. If you've ever played before, you do already have an account! Enter your alpha account name in the Username field. Enter your password in the password field. Then click "Use Existing Alpha Account".

3) If you don't remember your old password, use the link in-game to reset your password. If the password-reset email doesn't show up, please check your Spam folder for it. If your email address has changed or you have other problems logging into your account, email us at support(at)projectgorgon.com and we'll help get you set up.

4) Now you will see a final confirmation that you want to connect your Steam account and your alpha game account. You do! Click "Sync My Accounts!"

5) Now you can log in with an existing character or create a new character. (If your old characters look weird, like white boxes, that's just a side-effect of some server changes made during alpha; once you log in they'll automatically be fixed up.)

if you are past these step basically you may have to do email part of step 3.

mike1097
04-29-2018, 01:12 AM
I've linked my accounts like you've mentioned above but I am missing some of my characters from previous times.

Thanks tough

hadisnami96
04-29-2018, 02:36 AM
A good informative post

panel123
05-05-2018, 11:22 AM
It was a great guide
Thanks

Greyfyn
05-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Maybe you played so long ago that you had more than four characters on your account? The change to only four characters per account occurred quite a long while back, but players still encounter this issue. If you only had one account, then it's possible you are seeing just a few of your characters now. The rest may not be gone, but can't be accessed. Could that be it?

The forum and the game accounts are completely separate now.