PDA

View Full Version : Druid and battle chemistry weapons

Divinesmiter
04-27-2018, 01:37 PM
Quick question if I may. Can a druid still use a chemist weapon? I thought I read that they can only use wooden weapons. Or is that only just for their own main skill, like sword skill needs a sword?

alleryn
04-27-2018, 02:58 PM
They are marked as compatible on the http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Skill_Compatibility_Chart. I'm not totally sure what the restriction is. Either beakers are considered non-metallic or, what i think it is, is only the main hand weapon needs to be wooden. Like druids can use shields it looks like from the chart, and i think those would count as metal (usually at least).

[Edit: Note that Battle chemistry has both main hand beakers and off-hand flasks available.]

cr00cy
04-28-2018, 01:52 AM
You have to hold wooden weapon (or more precisly - equipment) to use Druid. It doesn't matter what materials rest of your equipment is amde off - you just need something wooden to enbael druid. For human form it means saff, or club. Certain animal forms cna use Druid with specially crafted equipment (like wooden cowshoes.)

Since BC has item for both main and off-hand and you need only one to use all its skills, you can pair it with Druid. I tried it myself a while ago, and I must say it works quite well. Lots of burst AOE, and good surivability. But most of your dmage is nature and/or posion, so certain areas might be hard for you.

Also - most skilsl ahve long cooldowns. You generally want to group mobs, and kill them off in single rotation. If you fail you might be in trouble - though with Haste concotion you should be able to kite/retreat if things go south.

ProfessorCat
04-29-2018, 08:34 AM
In order to activate the druid skill you need to be holding a wooden mainhand weapon (club, or staff)

Battle chemistry provides two separate beakers that activate the skill, a mainhand, and offhand version (one appears green, one appears black in their respective icons)

In order to access druid and battle chemistry at the same time, you would need a wooden mainhand weapon, and a beaker offhand weapon.

Also you do not need any beaker to access mutations for battle chemistry.

INXS
04-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Main hand-Beaker, Off hand-Flask , you going to need a flask for off hand, battle chemistry great skill AoE + stackable DoT damage freezing mist can keep things in place for 18 sec. Druid has a real nice nuke plus quite a variety of heals debuffs with druid it should work fine the 2 skills share some elemental damage and designed properly you can have a good kit.

Divinesmiter
04-29-2018, 03:06 PM
Thank you very much for the info. I started a BC when it first came out and now decided to do druid. So this works for me. Thank you again.

Baldrith
04-30-2018, 07:36 AM
This is awesome to know! I have been using animal handling with my BC because my staff and fire wouldn't work...but I just need to find an off hand beaker sheesh didn't even know about those! Thanks so much for the info!

I sincerely hope BC gets more powerful...at level 41 it is only doing about 60 damage per attack...I do love my golem tho! I have set to heal me and burst speed me but he never keeps up so burst speed doesn't work well...Will he be learning how to walk faster to keep up with me eventually?

alleryn
04-30-2018, 05:07 PM
Will he be learning how to walk faster to keep up with me eventually?
Not really. I was excited about golem haste concoction but it was kind of a let down after acquiring it. Occasionally the speed burst comes in handy, but not often.

I have mine on the trigger skill, but i tend to just leave it on, and it's kind of a waste of a sidebar slot.

INXS
04-30-2018, 07:02 PM
Baldrith , my BC abilities trigger about 1000-1200 damage each, freezing mist 1500+. (lv 70ish) alleryn the golem haste is on a 45 sec. cooldown.

alleryn
04-30-2018, 07:34 PM
the golem haste is on a 45 sec. cooldown.
Yeah the idea is if you put it on the trigger than you can be sure it won't waste the cooldown when it's nowhere near you or when you are shopping/standing around. But i find that i don't actually (often) turn the trigger off, so it just sits on my sidebar for no good reason.

Baldrith
05-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Not really. I was excited about golem haste concoction but it was kind of a let down after acquiring it. Occasionally the speed burst comes in handy, but not often.

I have mine on the trigger skill, but i tend to just leave it on, and it's kind of a waste of a sidebar slot.

Ah that sucks. I will probably just replace it with an armor refresh. It's nice to have a little helper to buff you a bit.

Baldrith , my BC abilities trigger about 1000-1200 damage each, freezing mist 1500+. (lv 70ish) alleryn the golem haste is on a 45 sec. cooldown.

Wow, I suppose it gets nice at higher level. I'm still buying the basic damage skills on it. I get 1000 from my fire breath attack. Never get near that with anything else.

cr00cy
05-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Baldrith At lv 40 base dameg of both your main dmage skills (Toxin bomb and Myctoxin formula) shoudl be both doing around 90 base damage IIRC. If you hit only for around 60, then you probbaly do not have mods for this skills on your gear.

Baldrith
05-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Baldrith At lv 40 base dameg of both your main dmage skills (Toxin bomb and Myctoxin formula) shoudl be both doing around 90 base damage IIRC. If you hit only for around 60, then you probbaly do not have mods for this skills on your gear.

I do not have mods for BC it's true. I am a fire mage hehe. I would love to add some gear for the many different specs I play, but between losing pockets and enjoying fire/staff too much it's really a challenge to decide what to do. I haven't had any luck finding cloth stuff that I like in the field, so just continue to work tailoring to a point I can make Amazing and craft my own...but that is a long road haha