PDA

View Full Version : Pig/Druid?

preechr
04-24-2018, 09:51 AM
There's a wiki entry for pig shoes, but the compatibility chart shows that Pigs can't be Druids... Is this a possibility in game?

ShieldBreaker
04-24-2018, 10:11 AM
The Pig shoes in the wiki would be ones that are Metal. There is no carpentry recipe to making wooden pig shoes, and no wooden pig shoes that I can find in the game .json files. So as it stands right now, there is no way to use pig and druid together, unless I missed something.

preechr
04-24-2018, 07:28 PM
I wonder why...

Is it likely or possible that pigs just aren't as well-developed as, say, cows... or is there some sort of pig prejudice going on?

Mikhaila
04-25-2018, 09:59 AM
I'm sure they are saving pig players from making the mistake of becoming a druid. Pigs will be the best Weather Witches.

Tagamogi
04-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Pigs will be the best Weather Witches.
Ooh, I'm sold on that idea! A nice cozy rain should soften up the ground nicely and make digging for truffles easier.

preechr
04-25-2018, 01:55 PM
Hmmm... Well, I really want a support pig, even though when i first started I told myself I'd never play as a beast form lol... so pig/druid would be bad? Sounded cool to me

Still gonna level up pig and see what opportunities present themselves later on I suppose

Tagamogi
04-25-2018, 08:01 PM
Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt here since I haven't played any of the involved skills much and I don't really group beyond 2-3 people. With that out of the way:

It is my understanding that pig by itself is a really nice support skill, so I'm not sure if you really want or need a second support skill in addition to just being a pig. If you want to double up on the support role, mentalism is available to pigs and also a very good support skill with heals and other buffs.

If you have your heart set on being a druid pig, it may happen some day. We haven't had any dev comments on it one way or the other that I recall, so they may decide to eventually introduce wooden pig shoes or give animals some non-shoe mechanism to use druid skills. Or they may not, of course. To me, it would make sense to allow all/most animals to be druids - it seems they should be pretty close to nature. I'd be perfectly happy to have pig druids.

preechr
04-26-2018, 06:05 AM
Well, it will take a bit of time for my wanna-be pig-druid alt to get ready for druidism either way, so I was planning on leveling him up as a mentalpig/psychpig

Maybe by the time I get there I'll be happy with that :D

Thanks for your help!

Krustydog
10-13-2018, 11:28 PM
How do you guys buy and sell stuff when your a pig?