PDA

View Full Version : Racial benefits for current Races

Spiritfingers
01-23-2017, 03:27 PM
I've read a few places on forums that talk about the upcoming races (Fae, Orc and Dwarf) will have natural racial benefits. I read somewhere that fairies will have flight. To me that sounds like a pretty major benefit. Is it possible to add racial benefits like these to the current 3 races (Elf, Human and the one with the tail - I'm embarrassed that I've forgotten the name)?

As an elf I wouldn't mind something like Psionics. For you old school Paper & Pen AD&D players, you now what I'm talking about.

kell.shepherd
01-23-2017, 03:45 PM
A classic tie-in but I don't recall elves having a natural affinity to psionics. They were more magically inclined with tendencies to ranger/rogue skills due to dex bonuses.

alleryn
01-23-2017, 04:08 PM
My understanding is that the three "basic" races are intended to have less pronounced benefits along with less debilitating drawbacks.

Spiritfingers
01-23-2017, 04:59 PM
I wasn't saying Elves should have Psionics based on lore. I was just being selfish....haha. I wouldn't say they have less benefits..they actually have none. If the only benefit to being an Elf is i get to wear a navel ring..... Debilitating drawbacks is a new concept to me. What kind of drawbacks have been discussed?

alleryn
01-23-2017, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't say they have less benefits..they actually have none. If the only benefit to being an Elf is i get to wear a navel ring..... Debilitating drawbacks is a new concept to me. What kind of drawbacks have been discussed?

I've never played an Elf but at the very least they can get combat xp boosts from Cleanliness Displays (Flower Arrangement).

Racial drawbacks reference: http://projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/developer-info-round-up

The advanced races also have more pronounced racial features, and their racial features are already “leveled up” as soon as you start playing. For instance, fairies have the racial attribute of flight -- which is pretty great! -- but there are some pretty big downsides as well. (Things we can’t reveal yet!) You can't opt out of the stranger racial traits; being a fairy is a package deal.

Hood
01-23-2017, 11:29 PM
My understanding is that the three "basic" races are intended to have less pronounced benefits along with less debilitating drawbacks.

Right, and if I remember correctly, Dwarves will be good at crafting. No official word (I don't believe) on what orcs will be good at, but it stands to reason it could be combat.

ShieldBreaker
01-24-2017, 01:07 AM
Right, and if I remember correctly, Dwarves will be good at crafting. No official word (I don't believe) on what orcs will be good at, but it stands to reason it could be combat.

The most obvious perk orcs will likely have is high level of cold tolerance.

cr00cy
01-24-2017, 05:17 AM
All current races have benefit when certain condition is met:
- Humans need to saty with otehr humans
- Elves need to saty clean
- Raksasha need ot awoid killinf sentinent creatures.

When correspondign stats is high (community, cleaness, righteusness) you get bonus combat exp (its very minor, liek 1% i think). When it is low you get penatly (the same as bonus, it -1%). In the future you will be able to "level up" this traits for better bonuses, but at the same time stronger penatlies.

Spiritfingers
01-24-2017, 07:55 AM
All current races have benefit when certain condition is met:
- Humans need to saty with otehr humans
- Elves need to saty clean
- Raksasha need ot awoid killinf sentinent creatures.

When correspondign stats is high (community, cleaness, righteusness) you get bonus combat exp (its very minor, liek 1% i think). When it is low you get penatly (the same as bonus, it -1%). In the future you will be able to "level up" this traits for better bonuses, but at the same time stronger penatlies.

Now this makes a difference. If I can level up to get higher than 1% combat bonus, it would be worth something. I'm scared to think of all the drawbacks on being an Orc, Dwarf or Fae. Eric has been very creative in this type of thing.