PDA

View Full Version : Animal Handling

Longtooths
04-15-2018, 02:17 PM
I am level 13 and do not have a skill for tame big cat or tame bear. I only have tame rat?

The wiki says I should get bear and cat at level 1.....

ShieldBreaker
04-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Those are level one skills but you don't get them automatically. You must have much higher levels to acquire them, the wiki tells you how under Animal Handling Mechanics > Animal Taming which is lower down on the page.

It is useful for them to be so low level so you can use them even if you are use a second skill that is much lower level with your animal handling which would limit what levels of animal handling you could use.

Krustydog
04-18-2018, 06:17 AM
cat at 20 bear at 30.

ShieldBreaker
04-18-2018, 06:41 AM
cat at 20 bear at 30.

bear at 40

Krustydog
04-18-2018, 08:21 AM
bear at 40

my bad good to know

Tagamogi
04-18-2018, 08:43 AM
Those are level one skills but you don't get them automatically. You must have much higher levels to acquire them, the wiki tells you how under Animal Handling Mechanics > Animal Taming which is lower down on the page.

It is useful for them to be so low level so you can use them even if you are use a second skill that is much lower level with your animal handling which would limit what levels of animal handling you could use.
Oh, that's interesting. I never noticed the taming abilities are level 1. To quibble with what doesn't really need to be quibbled with: When you actually use your pet, that would be from the summon pet abilities, not tame. Since taming a new pet is a fairly rare occurrence what level tame is shouldn't matter a lot in practice. ( I personally would use my highest other skill while taming, just so I don't become pet chow before the tame finishes.)