PDA

View Full Version : Question: Prepared Food for NPC Gifting/Favor

IndigoBlue
04-10-2018, 09:43 AM
So I've reached Close Friends level with a bunch of Serbule shopkeepers and trainers. My question is specific to those who you can gift Prepared Food to.

I've tested a bunch of low level and level 15-20 recipes, and none of the recipes give more then 3.7 points of favor. Am I missing something, or is a huge grind and money sink buying salt in my future? Bacon being an easy dish to farm/make.

Advice appreciated.

alleryn
04-10-2018, 10:03 AM
In my experience, favor is granted at a rate proportional to the value of the item. Most favor rewards are approximately 1/20-1/5 (with like <1/15, love > 1/15), with some excpetions. When npcs accept gear you get a higher rate of return (favor/value) on higher rarity items. Any given category for a particular npc (e.g. "Likes preprared food" will give the same ratio for that category, apart from what i just mentioned about gear rarity.

So if you're getting 3.7 for bacon (value 21) the ratio is 3.7/21 ~= 1/5.7 so that's about the best you're going to get in terms of amassing favor. It only gets harder from here on out (mostly). Though, naturally, making money becomes easier so all in all it feels less painful as time goes on.

IndigoBlue
04-10-2018, 10:09 AM
In my experience, favor is granted at a rate proportional to the value of the item. Most favor rewards are approximately 1/20-1/5 (with like <1/15, love > 1/15), with some excpetions. When npcs accept gear you get a higher rate of return (favor/value) on higher rarity items. Any given category for a particular npc (e.g. "Likes preprared food" will give the same ratio for that category, apart from what i just mentioned about gear rarity.

So if you're getting 3.7 for bacon (value 21) the ratio is 3.7/21 ~= 1/5.7 so that's about the best you're going to get in terms of amassing favor. It only gets harder from here on out (mostly). Though, naturally, making money becomes easier so all in all it feels less painful as time goes on.

Yeesh. And to think we have to go through all this again, maybe early next year, with 0 mats to start with. But thanks, Alleryn, for your clear answer. At least now I know what this slog is going to be like in the other zones as well.

alleryn
04-10-2018, 11:32 AM
I'm sure it seems like a lot now, but getting all the way to soul mates is only 3000 favor, which is less than 60,000 councils worth of stuff (and often less), which really isn't all that much once you get into the swing of things.

And often there's no compelling reason to get all the way to soul mates.