PDA

View Full Version : Another newb (noob) question

Krustydog
04-07-2018, 11:29 PM
Is necro/mage doable? More than doable is it viable? I am still trying to decide what to be and hate wasting more time than I have to on crappy builds. Also can someone be a necro/animal handler and have double the pets?

jackybah
04-07-2018, 11:54 PM
Hey Krustydog

according to the
http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Skill_Compatibility_Chart
fire and necro and ice and necro can be combined.

I really feel that fire has excellent damage but I have no experience in necro.

But most people just say that you should play what feels right for you. Have fun. All damage skills are doable.

enjoy your trip in PG !

Jack

Crissa
04-08-2018, 12:41 AM
I'd note that fire (and hence, Ice) are really difficult to level as your first skills. The spells are unlocked by researching using materials which are also rather popular on the player market. Not cheap.

And unlocking Necro requires a level 30-ish group dungeon run through one of the longer dungeons. (4th longest? Fifth?)

So while it's definitely mid-to-late game viable, it's not newbie friendly! ^-^

Krustydog
04-13-2018, 10:47 PM
Just got Necro tonight and necro/mage seems to be working so far.

AND the necro pets seem to do much better than the animal handling ones at following orders.

IndigoBlue
04-14-2018, 08:41 AM
Last I heard, you could not even order necro pets.

I'm real interested in the Necro skill line, but the pet thing (there is another thread, really worries me)

Krustydog
04-14-2018, 09:10 AM
Last I heard, you could not even order necro pets.

I'm real interested in the Necro skill line, but the pet thing (there is another thread, really worries me)

Necro pets do what I tell them. Animal handling however....:(

IndigoBlue
04-14-2018, 09:55 AM
Necro pets do what I tell them. Animal handling however....:(

Re: Animal Handling - It needs work, no doubt about it. However, I'm glad that I took the time to level the skill. Got a Black Panther, and she saved my butt a bunch of times in Myconion Cave (I'm not really high enough to be there, but she's murder on a bunch of the mobs there).

However, it's annoying when you want your pet, and they are 300 yards away smelling the roses. Some of the Animal Handing skills are more broken then others. I think we need an un-summan ability too. (Don't want her in Serbule Town with me). Yea, I know, log out and poof, but that's not the point.

Krustydog
04-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Re: Animal Handling - It needs work, no doubt about it. However, I'm glad that I took the time to level the skill. Got a Black Panther, and she saved my butt a bunch of times in Myconion Cave (I'm not really high enough to be there, but she's murder on a bunch of the mobs there).

However, it's annoying when you want your pet, and they are 300 yards away smelling the roses. Some of the Animal Handing skills are more broken then others. I think we need an un-summan ability too. (Don't want her in Serbule Town with me). Yea, I know, log out and poof, but that's not the point.

Dont even have to log out just change animal skill to something else then back.

Tagamogi
04-15-2018, 10:36 AM
You can click the red X on the right side of your pet bar to dismiss a pet.

Krustydog
04-15-2018, 10:39 AM

Ah nice. On a side not don't know if they patched it but my panther has been money today following commands.

IndigoBlue
04-16-2018, 07:54 AM

Not sure what you mean...Have neither a pet bar or a red X. See Screenshot (hope this works).

https://i.imgur.com/eQFSgyj.png

alleryn
04-16-2018, 08:07 AM
Indigo, try opening up the pet window. It's that little picture of an owl (or is it a fox idk) to the left of your skillbar.

Raozum
04-16-2018, 08:09 AM
Ctrl+P, unless they changed it, brings up the display (the one alleryn talked about) where u can click 'x', or give other commands: 'stay' 'follow' 'attack or something (i forgot)'

IndigoBlue
04-16-2018, 08:15 AM
Indigo, try opening up the pet window. It's that little picture of an owl (or is it a fox idk) to the left of your skillbar.

Gah! Yep, that worked. Never seen this panel before. I knew the PET thing was there, but forgot about it because I've been busy leveling Animal Handling (wow, 28 already?), and Mentalism (which seems to be really useful with Goblins.)

NOW I gotta test out these new Pet Control buttons. I'm also thinking of trying to tame one of the 400 Health Panthers from North Entibule.

Many thanks for everyones suggestions on how to access this panel.

liz_the_wiz
04-16-2018, 08:15 AM
Its shift+P by default now. You will get a message if of course you dont have a pet up..