PDA

View Full Version : Appearance-Changing Armor

credey
04-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Hey, I've been leveling spider on my first character and having a lot of fun. I've seen other beast form players running around with armor that changes their appearance, and I've been wondering when armor that does that starts dropping, since most armor has no effect at all. More specifically relevant to my interest is the armor that changes the spider to look like it's wearing some goofy blue plating! I've been asking in the help channel, but nobody has had an answer for me yet.

Furthermore, is that stuff dyeable? Or is it just a texture change?

BetaNotus
04-04-2018, 03:13 PM
While I'm unsure if that particular item drops from any monsters, it can be crafted.
Spider Casings are crafted through Tailoring, and someone with Dye Organic Armor (Toolcrafting) should be able to change the color.

Crissa
04-04-2018, 03:57 PM
Most of the cool animal armors are higher level, though.

credey
04-04-2018, 06:20 PM
While I'm unsure if that particular item drops from any monsters, it can be crafted.
Spider Casings are crafted through Tailoring, and someone with Dye Organic Armor (Toolcrafting) should be able to change the color.

This answers the question perfectly, thanks!

ProfessorCat
04-04-2018, 10:58 PM
Any spider casing made from tailoring will alter the spider's appearance. Levels 5-35 give a grey, almost metallic hue to the spider's appearance. Crafted spider casings level 40-70 give a blue appearance.

Currently there is no way to dye the armor, though it has been said that dying these armors is in the works for some day. That was said before level 70 existed, for what it's worth.