PDA

View Full Version : Mouselook and random instantaneous microsecond framerate drops.

jaspen
01-22-2017, 03:12 PM
I currently have a major issue of what appears to be an instantaneous framerate drops while using mouselook. This causes my character to be facing a random directions frequently when I go to turn. Happens in every zone and dungeon. Makes hunting a bit aggravating and death more frequent. Also makes me look like an incompetent buffoon as I constantly randomly stop and spin around getting my bearings. Then again, maybe I always look incompetent but that isn't the point!

I have disabled trees, grass and even cut various quality settings down (disabled shadows and such). The only zone that seemed somewhat affected by this was South Serb which had major issues. I lowered my resolution from 2k down to 1080p. No change. Beyond that it is always a solid 60FPS regardless of what is happening. It is just those instant drop microsecond moments that occur for whatever reasons. As you will see, my hardware is more than capable.

I have seen others mention this in chat so I assume I am not alone. I don't know if this is a known issue or affecting certain hardware/drivers. If any of you have had the problem and know a way to correct it, let me know.

My hardware is as follows. The machine is not overclocked.

Windows 7 Pro 64b
ASUS Sabertooth X99 Motherboard
GSkill 64GB Ram XMP
Samsung 850 pro Boot drive
Samsung 850 EVO game drive
Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070

If you have any further questions about my setup, feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance.

kell.shepherd
01-22-2017, 05:48 PM
Some areas are worse for that like South Serible and the stone keep of Serible. I use my wasd for guiding in those regions.

Crissa
01-22-2017, 06:17 PM
I get this sometimes with my setup (1.7G dual i7 with Intel HD 5000). Weirdly, it does it when using click to move, too. My character will walk past the target and spin about and attack it from the other side as it flips around.

jaspen
01-22-2017, 06:32 PM
kell, I have fooled with the turn speed for the keys but they just do not compete with the mouse, sadly. A mouse you can quickly 180, dash around corners and all sorts of wonderful movement.

Crissa, I believe what you are describing is an option that has your character turning to face the enemy. That can be disabled. My problem is general movement.

Has there been an official response that this is a known issue?