PDA

View Full Version : Well Met and an Introduction

Stardog765
03-21-2018, 06:12 PM
Hello all,
Just wanted to make a quick post to say hello. I am newcomer to the game as I just found out about this last night while playing EQ actually.
So I spent last night researching this game and trying to figure out how I never knew anything about it.
I am a 40 something nerd from the Midwest, US. Spent my youth playing pen and paper D&D and then computers were a thing and along came CRPGs. I think I have played just about every one of them, especially the Baldurs Gate Series, Ultima and Might and Magic series.
Then something came along called and MMORPG and life changed of course. Great RPG content AND a community of other nerds to play with. It was heaven. EQ1 and EQ2 were huge parts of my 20s and Asheron's Call as well. Never got involved as much in AC's community as I did EQ1 and EQ2 but I loved the game.

So when I found out the devs of this game were involved with EQ and AC I was immediately very interested so I found out this morning you could still temporarily play on the old alpha client. I installed and logged into the noob island as a guess and checked it a bit and was hooked.
This game really hits that old school vibe very well. Like back from a day when these games didnt hold your hand and there wasn't a sparkly icon above everyone head herding mindless players through the theme park :) I love it!

So anyway I am just creating my main char tonight but wanted to at least say hello and good job! to the devs on what they are creating here.
I was a little unsure at first, and if I am honest might still be a little as you have to be with any small indie dev, especially when they are trying to create a real MMORPG that actually survives. That is a daunting task in this day and age of extremely attention span challenged players.
I hope I can be a part of it if you do so here I am :)

Good luck! and hello to all. I look forward to getting to know everyone in game.

drivendawn
03-21-2018, 08:10 PM
Welcome to PG my friend.:)

Stardog765
03-21-2018, 08:33 PM
Thank you! I appreciate that.

IndigoBlue
03-22-2018, 08:55 AM
Welcome! I get your annoyance with theme park MMO's. I've really digging the sandbox experience of PG. Hope you will too.

Only been playing a few days myself. I played EQ and EQ2 and that's one of the reasons I decided to play PG. The community seems to be really awesome. Some of the Vets sprinkle newbie tips in the Global channel. And the Wiki is fleshed out enough to give a basic understand of tons of topics.

Stardog765
03-22-2018, 09:06 AM
Thank you! I am sure I will need many tips. This game is super deep under the hood.

ShieldBreaker
03-22-2018, 01:01 PM
Hi Stardog765, welcome to Project: Gorgon.

I own most of those RPGs you mentioned, now to just get around to playing and beating them. :)

Though I may completely skip Ultima I.

Stardog765
03-22-2018, 05:53 PM
hah ya isnt that always the case? Too many great games too little time.

Thanks!

Ryker
03-23-2018, 05:04 AM
Excellent! Glad to have you here. Sounds like we’ve walked just about the same video game path. You’re going to love it here. See you in game!

Stardog765
03-23-2018, 06:17 AM
Thank you Ryker! I appreciate it. And I am loving it. It is a learning curve for sure.