PDA

View Full Version : Standing on top of other players

Spiritfingers
01-22-2017, 07:01 AM
Yesterday, I was in Serb near the well and I saw two big red cats (the ones you get as a AH), then on top of them, you had a spider and finally on top of the spider you had 3-4 people. I tried to jump all over the place and was never able to land on top of anything. How were people able to stack up like that?

Panic
01-22-2017, 07:31 AM
You can only stand on someone who has changed form while you were in the same zone as them - not a clue why, but it seems to be that way.

Spiritfingers
01-22-2017, 08:21 AM
You can only stand on someone who has changed form while you were in the same zone as them - not a clue why, but it seems to be that way.

That is a reasonable explanation for the people on top of the spider. How did the spider stand on top of the two pets? Can you stand on top of them if they are your pet?

Hood
01-22-2017, 10:42 AM
I love animal stacking as much as anyone else but there's true joy in seeing 3 or 4 players in humanoid form stacked.

tofugunk
01-22-2017, 01:13 PM
That is a reasonable explanation for the people on top of the spider. How did the spider stand on top of the two pets? Can you stand on top of them if they are your pet?

spider was standing on the bats, not the pets.

Caustic
01-22-2017, 03:01 PM
Not tried but I guess that if you are in flying form you can sit on top of anything?

Nrdr123
01-22-2017, 03:06 PM
I think it just has to do whether the player is like graphically solid or not. Like when I wear my Cow Sun Hat or when I am just wondering regularly as a Cow I am not solid and players cannot jump on me, but when I wear the Cow Porkiepie Hat, suddenly the hat allows people to jump on top of me.

Spiritfingers
01-23-2017, 07:41 AM
I think it just has to do whether the player is like graphically solid or not. Like when I wear my Cow Sun Hat or when I am just wondering regularly as a Cow I am not solid and players cannot jump on me, but when I wear the Cow Porkiepie Hat, suddenly the hat allows people to jump on top of me.

I'm wondering if the jumper has to be graphically solid too.

Hood
01-28-2017, 07:51 AM
I'm wondering if the jumper has to be graphically solid too.

No :) Just the standers! For those of us who aren't animals, switching to hardcore mode at the sign in Serb (Truffle's sign) also allows people to jump on your head.

If you run from a building staircase and jump, you can make it on a standing humanoid. If you jump onto the roof of the Library or Velkort's roof, you can then jump onto the second layer of humanoids. This is important to those of us who don't have flight forms. We can still find ways to join in on the fun. Arguably they're more fun!