PDA

View Full Version : Zone Travel - On Foot Question

IndigoBlue
03-19-2018, 11:56 AM
This question does NOT relate to taking a boat, riding a horse, or use various Transport systems.

So I am very new to Project Gorgon, but while trying to do even the most basic things, one topic has eluded me. I've just started to explore Serbule, but having a more pressing concern. I've checked out the Wiki and so far no luck.

How does one walk from one zone or another? Is there a road that starts in one zone and goes into another zone? For the moment, I mostly need the route from Serbule to Serbule Hills, ASAP, because:

I'm working on finding ingredients to curry Favor with a Trainer in Serbule Hills
I might go back to Anagoge Island to level Archery (through the cave in Serbule Hills)

Many thanks in advance for any assistance someone can provide.

ShieldBreaker
03-19-2018, 12:25 PM
Heading South from Serbule Keep there is a rough pathway that leads south. Follow that and you should come across a Blue Portal, it is a vortex like thing hanging in the air. Select that and it will have a button to travel to the Serbule Hills

IndigoBlue
03-19-2018, 12:30 PM
Heading South from Serbule Keep there is a rough pathway that leads south. Follow that and you should come across a Blue Portal, it is a vortex like thing hanging in the air. Select that and it will have a button to travel to the Serbule Hills

Many thanks! I think I came across one of those already, but it was for something else. I'm going to look for the Serbule Hills one tonight! (Also want to level Foraging and Carpentry, and there are tons of Apple trees in Serbule Hills). Maybe I can find mobs there to level Archery while I am at it. OMG the choices!

Ryker
03-19-2018, 01:46 PM
Serbule Hills is extremely ideal for Archery because it is so open. Of course, Serbule is pretty ideal too. Haha.

IndigoBlue
03-20-2018, 07:23 AM
I found the Serbule Hills portal, thank you! And yea, except that I guess I am too low level to do the newbie caves in Serbule, which kinda bites. I was hoping to get to level 15 in Archery / Sword / Unarmed by doing caves and dungeons, but level 10 is too low. So I guess I'll go back to what I was doing (getting set up to be be able to make some councils without having to drop everything and farm for gear.) And when that gets boring, I'll wack on some pigs.

Oh, and I need 1 more egg....man those are hard to find.

Mikhaila
03-21-2018, 08:08 AM
For eggs, check vendors. Marna, Velkort, and Fainor may all have eggs to sell in their 3rd tab, where players sold them. Or look for chickens. Where there is a chicken, you'll eventually get eggs.

Try the sewers, you get to them through a portal that is in a lake to the right of the main Serbule gates.

IndigoBlue
03-21-2018, 10:17 AM
For eggs, check vendors. Marna, Velkort, and Fainor may all have eggs to sell in their 3rd tab, where players sold them. Or look for chickens. Where there is a chicken, you'll eventually get eggs.

Try the sewers, you get to them through a portal that is in a lake to the right of the main Serbule gates.

Fortunately, I was able to get some tips on this from a player. (And just a note, seems eggs are popular, as none of the Shopkeepers have them. Least not anytime I checked). You need 6 just for the favor quest for the Survey Trainer. Pretty steep for a newbie with nothing, heh.

IndigoBlue
03-22-2018, 08:47 AM
So I guess I had better start working on my plan to move my sorry ass (or the ass of the Toon that is stuck) from Rahu to Serbule. This is a toon that is like level 4/4 and has maybe 3 bottles of water, and 0 councils.

Summary: Newbie level 4/4 toon is stuck in Rahu with a lot of misc inventory but no councils or much water.

I need to know:

1. In Rahu: where is the Portal to Ilmari. Or, do I have to take a boat, and is there a council / favor cost to do that?
2. While moving through Ilmari to the next zone Portal, how much water should I bring?
3. Anything else I should consider?

I've mapped all the other portals in the other zones. Of course, I expect problems, but heck, that's half the fun.

sudostahp
03-22-2018, 09:45 AM
So I guess I had better start working on my plan to move my sorry ass (or the ass of the Toon that is stuck) from Rahu to Serbule. This is a toon that is like level 4/4 and has maybe 3 bottles of water, and 0 councils.

Summary: Newbie level 4/4 toon is stuck in Rahu with a lot of misc inventory but no councils or much water.

I need to know:

1. In Rahu: where is the Portal to Ilmari. Or, do I have to take a boat, and is there a council / favor cost to do that?
2. While moving through Ilmari to the next zone Portal, how much water should I bring?
3. Anything else I should consider?

I've mapped all the other portals in the other zones. Of course, I expect problems, but heck, that's half the fun.

You can walk back, but it isn't going to be a lot of fun at your level. There are two alternative options:

1) Rahu has docks, and the docks have a ship. The destination of the ship changes, so I don't know where you'll end up, but you can't get any farther from Serbule. Have any loot you can sell to make the cash for the boat?

2) I think other players will find this amusing and be willing to help. Have you tried asking in /help if someone can come to Rahu and summon a portal to Serbule?

INXS
03-22-2018, 10:17 AM
20 days out of the month Rahu dock drops you off in Serbule dock(10 days) or Sun Vale(10 days), very convinient to get back to Serbule if you happen to be stuck in Rahu, the other 10 days is a drop in Kur close to panthers, not a spot for low level caracters.

IndigoBlue
03-22-2018, 10:57 AM
I do plan to walk back, just for the hell of it. And no, don't really have any loot to sell, which is why I stated 0 Councils.

IndigoBlue
03-22-2018, 10:58 AM
20 days out of the month Rahu dock drops you off in Serbule dock(10 days) or Sun Vale(10 days), very convinient to get back to Serbule if you happen to be stuck in Rahu, the other 10 days is a drop in Kur close to panthers, not a spot for low level caracters.

Do you know the cost of the boat, by chance?

Tagamogi
03-22-2018, 11:01 AM

I don't think the Kur location is all that bad. You can die, respawn at the zone-in spot, take the portal to Eltibule, die again, respawn at the zone-in spot, take the portal to Serbule... It takes a little bit more time but not all that bad. Of course, the boat does cost money. 300 councils or so?

2) I think other players will find this amusing and be willing to help. Have you tried asking in /help if someone can come to Rahu and summon a portal to Serbule?

That's probably the best idea.

If you want to walk, you want to go to the Ilmari portal in the northeastern part of the Rahu map. Then cross the Ilmari desert from the far northern part to the far southern part. The Kur portal is in the exact same east-west location as the Rahu portal you are entering from, just sadly at the opposite north/south location. I wouldn't worry about water too much - 3 bottles should be fine, and if not, your hydration resets if you die. And if you manage to cross only half the desert before dying, you should hopefully respawn near the Kur portal.

Once you are in Kur, you should be able to just die to do the same respawn/portal chain as if you'd taken a boat to Kur.

But yes, I think asking someone else online for help would be easiest.

IndigoBlue
03-22-2018, 02:33 PM
Many thanks for everyones udpate about getting out of Rahu! Since I now have the location of the Ilmari portal in Rahu, (thank you, Tagamogi!) mostly getting this poor toon (who I really need as a mule now, go figure) will mostly depend on what I am doing later in the evening the next couple of days. If I feel really ambitious, I'll walk. If not, I'll see if anyone would be willing to do the Portal thing for a tip or something.

IndigoBlue
03-23-2018, 06:39 AM
So I decided to tackle this Rahu issue last evening 3/22 around supper time. I loaded that toon, only to have one tech issue after another. Figured this would not take more then 2.5 hours. But I lost 1.5 hours without any progress because the server got wonky.

1. First, my ability to run (not autorun) poofed. I had to ask in help how to turn it back on. That took about 20 minutes.
2. Then, I tried walking around in Rahu (but the lag and rubberband effects were pretty bad). I spent about 30 minutes doing that.
3. Finally, I went back to the main town, to see if I could scrape up 300 credits to go ANYWHERE on a boat.
4. None of the people in town would talk to me, and at first, I figured it was because I was so low-level.
5. Then I tried to pick up something, and could't. Logged out/in AGAIN.
6. Finally, shopkeepers are talking to me. I speak to the harbormaster, and gosh am I lucky, the boat is going to Serbule.
7. I dash all over trying to sell 300 councils of stuff without decimating my inventory stock. Success!
8. Went back to the harbormaster, purchased a ticket, got the load screen.......which loaded.....and loaded....and loaded.
9. Finally, in disgust, I closed the game, and re-launched, only to find the game was down for maintenance.
10. Finally, I got back in. I was still in Rahu. The 300 Councils I'd given the Harbormaster were gone.
11. Went back into the main town, sold another 300 Councils of inventory, rushed back to the Harbormaster, and finally, caught a boat to Serbule.

The moral of this story. When your on the damn Island and working on the Teleportation quests, be VERY VERY careful to give the Quest Giver the correct code for the Serbule Transport.

Crissa
03-23-2018, 04:29 PM
Yo, Citan I think I see a bug with people's cash vanishing when they take the boat. How about a 'ticket' that doesn't vanish until they actually arrive in the other zone? Just in case they get rubber-banded?

Using the boats is kinda worst-case.

...At least they don't ditch you in the deep sea like the ones in WoW...

IndigoBlue
03-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Yo, Citan I think I see a bug with people's cash vanishing when they take the boat. How about a 'ticket' that doesn't vanish until they actually arrive in the other zone? Just in case they get rubber-banded?

Using the boats is kinda worst-case.

...At least they don't ditch you in the deep sea like the ones in WoW...

EQ1 dumped you in the ocean when traveling by boat if something went wrong. I don't recall the specifics, but I sure recall the angst of dying and not being able to return to my tombstone, which was the only way to retrieve one's gear. (not sure about that last part, but damn sure dying was a SERIOUS hassle).

Crissa
03-23-2018, 10:31 PM
EQ1 dumped you in the ocean...
Yeah, several games had that flaw. I am not a fan of the retrieve your corpse mechanic, especially when dying to a network glitch. At least the worst thing that could happen in WoW is your wisp/ghost ran off a cliff and you had to wait for your hearthstone to recycle so you could get somewhere to respawn. I got stuck on the side of Teldrassil a couple times and had to wait it out...

Narof
03-24-2018, 05:48 AM
This thread was a lifesaver. I did exactly the same thing as you Indigo Blue and ended up in Rahu after the Starter Island. Ended up running all the way back thanks to the directions from Tagamogi. Was an interesting run though.

IndigoBlue
03-24-2018, 11:17 AM
This thread was a lifesaver. I did exactly the same thing as you Indigo Blue and ended up in Rahu after the Starter Island. Ended up running all the way back thanks to the directions from Tagamogi. Was an interesting run though.

LOL, Glad to be of help. I am sure that both of us are not the only people to make this mistake. In any case, I'm sorry was not more patient. I was looking forward to seeing a bit of the world, and instead I took a boat.

Ah well. At least I can continue my hording tendencies without undue stress.