PDA

View Full Version : Whew, Finally Made It

IndigoBlue
03-19-2018, 08:46 AM
Hello folks. I've been hearing about Project: Gorgon for a while now, and been waiting for it to get released from Steam because I somehow missed the other funding events. And poof, there it was on Steam this last week. Gonna post a review on Steam and MMORG as soon as I get past the shiny "newbie" badge, heh. (Or at least get some craft skills going and not worry about where my next council is coming from). I've played through the Tutorial Island 3 times now (gah!). Dying to see the rest of the land.

In any case, I've played all the big MMO titles, and currently muck around in ESO online. As great as that game is, it's not like the really old titles from the early 2000's. I have some great memories of Everquest that I've retained all these years, and kinda miss that kind of environment. I've been playing Project: Gorgon since 3/16. Not much to show for myself yet because I really screwed up 2 Characters (one is stuck in Rahu!). But very glad to be here, and looking forward to seeing you folks in game. By the time I made it to Serbule there was some event going on, and I had a horrible time learning the lay of the town because of the lag.

<waves>

ShieldBreaker
03-19-2018, 10:24 AM
Hi IndigoBlue, welcome to Project: Gorgon.

Sounds like you walked into our first Epic Poetry Jam. Next week you'll have to plan to attend and get yourself some temporary buffs and some permanent Poetry Appreciation XP.

See you in game :)

Tagamogi
03-19-2018, 10:30 AM
Welcome! I'll hope you'll have fun!

Rahu isn't quite the end of the world (although it can feel like it ;) ). If you want to get that character unstuck sometime, just post where in the Rahu zone you are, and we can give you directions on how to go to Serbule from there. It's a bit of a hike but once you get through the desert, it's quite easy.

IndigoBlue
03-19-2018, 12:35 PM
Thanks, Tagamogi!

The sheer walk from Rahu to Sebrule seems quite daunting, but darn it, she's got a LOT of low-level ingredients harvested on purpose to deal with Favor quests in Sebrule. So I started my 3rd toon to get started in the game (sans ingredients), and figured I'd move the toon stuck in Rahu for a rainy day, heh.

IndigoBlue
03-19-2018, 12:38 PM
Hi IndigoBlue, welcome to Project: Gorgon.

Sounds like you walked into our first Epic Poetry Jam. Next week you'll have to plan to attend and get yourself some temporary buffs and some permanent Poetry Appreciation XP.

See you in game :)

Actually it was THAT, and something else related to the Well (think this was Saturday night). I'm so busy being NEW that buffs and artsy XP are the least of my concerns, hehe. But, I hear there were a record # of players on this weekend, so THAT is awesome. I seriously hope the STEAM business improves the player base. I gotta start drafting my review to post there and on a couple of other sites.

Ryker
03-19-2018, 01:45 PM
Welcome aboard! Old EQ player myself and this game appeals to me for exactly the same reasons. You're going to love it here. Hope to see you in-game!

Madmatx
03-19-2018, 02:58 PM
If you want your character out of Rahu, say something in help or global chat and the chances are that someone will come to you can show you the way back. Worste case scenario if nobody responds, for whatever reason, you could submit a bug report and click "I'm stuck" and type in that you are a total newb and clicked a portal, yu'll get wisked away to safety.

Crissa
03-19-2018, 03:30 PM
The walk isn't so bad. Usually when you die you spawn closer to the next exit towards Serbule.

Celler
03-19-2018, 05:14 PM
Would be simpler for someone to create a portal to serb for you.

Ask in help section when next online, some one will do it for you I imagine.

IndigoBlue
03-20-2018, 07:27 AM
I don't mind walking, but I don't even know which way to go. I'll probably speak up in chat some evening this week, now that my other toon is pretty occupied.