PDA

View Full Version : Here is a question

Vaurg
01-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Let's say, I started a new char, I finished all the quests on starting island and got to Serbule. I am still bound to Anagoge island. Then I use "Recall Circle" and get back to Anagoge Island.
How do i get of the island again?
What happens if i use the bell? Will the boat come to take me back? Will the boatman ask money for it? What if I don't have any? How do i get back?
Maybe I need to speak with Elmetaph again?

Extractum11
01-21-2017, 08:37 PM
IIRC if you've teleported off the island, you're not bound to the island anymore. Since if you were bound to the island you wouldn't be able to teleport off.

Vaurg
01-21-2017, 08:48 PM
IIRC if you've teleported off the island, you're not bound to the island anymore. Since if you were bound to the island you wouldn't be able to teleport off.

You are right, i skipped a phase.
After I teleport from island to serbule on the first time, I go to docks and get a boat to Anagoge, the i bind myself to island, get the boat back to serbule and tp myself to island.
What do i do next? How do i come back?

alleryn
01-22-2017, 05:55 AM
Sounds like a lot of effort to test, but my guess is that ringing the bell would bring the ferryman back. Another possibility is that you could ask Elmetaph to bind you to the "magic number" coordinates again.

Then again, you might just be trapped, which, considering all the trouble you went to just to get yourself trapped, you would probably deserve :p

Caustic
01-22-2017, 03:02 PM
Why do you wish to do this?

Nrdr123
01-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Im pretty sure you should be able to just ring the bell and get off the Island since you have already left it and were in Serbule. Unless you left the Island without fully completing that Teleportation quest. Then You are stuck having to complete that quest the proper way before you are free to leave.

Eachna
01-22-2017, 06:23 PM
Why do you wish to do this?

It looks to me like Vaurg is trying to figure out if, through ignorance, a player can get themselves trapped on the island. A number of systems you may take for granted as being "simple" are confusing to new players and you can never know where that confusion will strike or what order of actions they'll take while confused.

This is why we're here, isn't it? To poke and prod all the systems and get confused and assume the worst and report things we may feel embarrassed to have missed, so the devs can filter their work through all of us and find the best balance between explanation and exploration.

Vaurg
01-25-2017, 01:32 AM
So... If anyone wondered, I recreated whole thing wit my alt.
And you can ring the bell, the boat will come and will take you to Serbule completely for free.
I don't know if it's a bug or just an "emergency exit", but if anyone wants to go to island and farm for Lawarra's favor without paying 300 councils so this how u can do it

alleryn
01-25-2017, 02:18 AM
So... If anyone wondered, I recreated whole thing wit my alt.
And you can ring the bell, the boat will come and will take you to Serbule completely for free.
I don't know if it's a bug or just an "emergency exit", but if anyone wants to go to island and farm for Lawarra's favor without paying 300 councils so this how u can do it

But you did have to pay 300 councils...at least, provided you did what you said you were going to do:

You are right, i skipped a phase.
After I teleport from island to serbule on the first time, I go to docks and get a boat to Anagoge, the i bind myself to island, get the boat back to serbule and tp myself to island.
What do i do next? How do i come back?

Hood
01-25-2017, 02:26 AM
Right, but just the one time. he's now bound to the island and can leave using the bell. Free entrance and exit barring the potential loss of an amethyst.

alleryn
01-25-2017, 08:26 AM
Right, but just the one time. he's now bound to the island and can leave using the bell. Free entrance and exit barring the potential loss of an amethyst.
Thanks. In my defense i was up way past my bedtime when i posted that :p

Kyrin Fireheart
09-23-2017, 11:52 PM
Also just so you know in the record keeper dungeon on the starter isle theres a cavern entrance that at the end will take you to out in Serbule Hills