PDA

View Full Version : is this game group based or solo based? potential new player

Bushybeard
03-14-2018, 01:13 PM
Hello, I am a long time MMO player, EQ, DAoC , EQ2, WoW, ESO, and too many others to remember. every game I play I am looking for that old school everquest esque experience . this game seems to largely tick all those boxes , however a lot of what i see talks about how everything is solo, and i was just wondering if this game is primarily solo or grouping or a good mixture of both?

I am SUPER interested, in fact I am kind of surprised I haven't bought it yet, I just am a bit leery because i really don't want another massively single player online game where you pretty much spend the entire time alone.

Neofit
03-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Don't mind the post count nor the registration date, apparently a kickstarter backer cannot take a year-long hiatus without having his forum account deleted :). No respect I tell ya.

Anyways... A year ago I could not solo a single dungeon in the first two zones. I am telling myself it wasn't entirely because I suck.

sudostahp
03-14-2018, 02:57 PM
There's a mix of solo and group content. At higher levels you'll be able to solo some lower level content. This is true for both outdoors and dungeons.

drivendawn
03-14-2018, 03:55 PM
This game is modeled more after AC than EQ I would say in grouping and progression style. So of course there is no true forced grouping or true classes, besides in the group made dungeons and there are 3 of those so far. Even so if you out level them you can.

Ryker
03-14-2018, 04:59 PM
I solo for the most part but there are plenty of areas that it would be fine to roll with some others in a group. Some big bads for sure but it would also allow you to fight higher level content and add some challenge.

Madmatx
03-14-2018, 05:01 PM
Most outdoor mobs can be easily soloed without issue and indoor trash mobs with some careful pulling at the appropriate level. That said, even outdoors, there's no reason to turn away grouping because more loot drops off of trash mobs then then most people can carry and boss mobs drop items for each person in the group.

Mikhaila
03-16-2018, 08:48 AM
You can certainly solo through a lot of the game, depending on skills and playstyle. But a lot of content is much more fun with a group. And I've heard a lot more dungeons are on the way with higher difficulty content.

poulter
03-16-2018, 10:01 AM
Outside of dungeons, you can solo most areas at the designed level, but it can be tough and often it is a better experience to duo with someone, especially if you are fighting elites. Elite monsters (e.g. level 50 manticores) drop individual loot for each member in the group, non-elites are shared loot.
Group looting rules can be set to free-for-all, round-robin, etc. So there is very little reason not to group, but it is your choice.
Also, as you level-up and have to fight more elite monsters, it is much easier to succeed with a group.

In dungeons (especially where you are at the designed-level), the difficulty past the entry halls is such that you need to group (up to a maximum of 6 players), especially if you want to down the bosses.