PDA

View Full Version : Animal handling: anyone know what this means?

Murk
02-23-2018, 01:08 PM
Slashing and root, what is all that about?

https://i.imgur.com/x4CwJ5i.png

ShieldBreaker
02-23-2018, 03:18 PM
I think that means that if you use your clever trick ability your pet will do a slash attack that also causes the enemy to be unable to move from there current location for a fixed amount of time. Similar to using a pin attack with staff or some ice attacks in ice magic or battle Chemistry.

Murk
02-24-2018, 09:39 AM
I think that means that if you use your clever trick ability your pet will do a slash attack that also causes the enemy to be unable to move from there current location for a fixed amount of time. Similar to using a pin attack with staff or some ice attacks in ice magic or battle Chemistry.

Oh I never thought of that. I'll try it out soon.

Murk
02-24-2018, 03:18 PM

Hmm It doesn't seem to do that., it doesn't appear to do that. To root the enemy means to drive them out I think. But dunno what it means here. It doesn't seem to do that, either.

I don't think I understand the two pictures side by side either. Does that mean you have to use sick'em and then clever trick? or what?

Citan
02-24-2018, 03:50 PM
The extra sic 'em icon is a bug in the UI. It should root them in place; if it doesn't please bug it! (I'm not sure if it's been reported yet or not, haven't gotten to those bugs recently, but will soon.)

Murk
02-24-2018, 04:36 PM
The extra sic 'em icon is a bug in the UI. It should root them in place; if it doesn't please bug it! (I'm not sure if it's been reported yet or not, haven't gotten to those bugs recently, but will soon.)

Thanks. I will test it some more to see what is what.

Murk
03-17-2018, 07:02 AM
Looks like this does work as expected. It's just a little hard to tell sometimes as the mob can quickly turn to the pet.

ShieldBreaker
03-17-2018, 07:27 AM
I don't think root is suppose to affect the the mob's ability to turn. It only keeps them from moving from that spot. Your pet attacking has to be in melee range so it is likely the mob can aggro on them and turn to fight them. Players when rooted can turn.