PDA

View Full Version : What is a good aoe skill to use in gazluck keep that does decent damage to mobs

spider91301
02-14-2018, 01:45 PM
What is a good aoe skill to use in gazluck keep that does decent damage besides fire magic, battle chemistry, or icemagic

sudostahp
02-14-2018, 03:21 PM
AOE is generally pretty useless in GK in my experience. The mobs have too much health relative to your potential damage output, so single target nukes are your best bet. There are no AOEs that will do decent damage to mobs in this case.

If you're just looking for other skills that have AOEs with decent damage output, then Unarmed has a couple combos, Mentalism gets Panic Charge, and Archery has the Multishots.

I've heard that Sword can be made viable for AOE damage, but it isn't something that I've experimented with. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that.

Crissa
02-14-2018, 04:05 PM
Yeah, Barrage upgraded to an AoE is pretty gnarly damage reduction or threat increase.

spider91301
02-14-2018, 05:01 PM
So what skill would dish out the most damage on a single target besides archery cuz I hate doing archery

sudostahp
02-14-2018, 07:46 PM
so sudostahp would what would dish out the most damage on a single target besides archery cuz I hate doing archery

Archery is still king, but Mentalism/Psychology/Sword would be on my list. Pain Bubble + Agonize is brutal.

Wolf is also very strong single target DPS, but playing as an animal comes with its own challenges.

pete4613
02-15-2018, 11:46 AM
I've heard that Sword can be made viable for AOE damage, but it isn't something that I've experimented with. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that.

Theres a combo in calligraphy that allows your Finishing Blow to hit everything within 10 meters i believe? Properly specced thats a 3-3.5k aoe, but thats about it, next aoe they got is parry which is a 10 second 700 damage aoe with right mods, also you need to mod it into aoe.

Edit: Theres several combos that makes sword aoe, but hardest hitting one is with finishing blow as the last skill in the given combo.

Panties
02-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Theres a combo in calligraphy that allows your Finishing Blow to hit everything within 10 meters i believe? Properly specced thats a 3-3.5k aoe, but thats about it, next aoe they got is parry which is a 10 second 700 damage aoe with right mods, also you need to mod it into aoe.

I believe that combo is: Illness (L 57).

pete4613
02-15-2018, 12:04 PM
I believe that combo is: Illness (L 57).

Thats just one yea, ofc if you can settle with shorter ranges, they are found all the way down to lvl 5(with lower range) which is rather easy to achieve as a newbie.

Sheawanna
02-15-2018, 01:33 PM
Wolf also has a aoe ( BITE ) mods can add the effect to gloves . which is pretty decent damage depending on your mods .

Baldrith
05-02-2018, 12:09 PM
I do 1000+ damage with fire breath (fire tree) which hits all targets within 8 meters.

INXS
05-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Hammer, on gloves pound to slag mine hits for 2.5k aoe, and im not fully modded in hammer gear also only using low lv beltbuckle

RancidAngel
05-03-2018, 03:53 PM
What is a good aoe skill to use in gazluck keep that does decent damage besides fire magic, battle chemistry, or icemagic

Not sure if this helps, but I found this Info very helpful

https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?1441-AOE-Build-The-Torrential-Fang-(Lycan-Psych)