PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Character Live Forever

Ethrex
01-20-2017, 08:53 PM
So I go to Project Gorgon's website for the first time about two hours ago. I created an account and decided to install and try the game. After install I was quickly put into the game. Once I entered I am offered to "Make Your Character Live Forever". I entered the fields for the account that I have already created earlier (Username, Email, Password, Retype Password) and then it gives me an error:

That account name is already in use!

How can I fix this?

alleryn
01-20-2017, 10:54 PM
What have you tried so far? Have you verified your e-mail? I'm sure before too long, someone will come along who can help you better than i can.

You could try looking through this thread. I'm not sure it's a similar issue but might be worth a try.
http://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?81-Can-t-register-an-account-to-play-the-game

Ethrex
01-21-2017, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the reply. I did get the e-mail (in my junk folder) and I did authenticate the e-mail address. I am a couple hours into the game now and it still won't let me "make my character live forever." Alleryn, did you create your account on the main website, or within the game? I suspect if I created my account within the game first everything would be okay.

alleryn
01-21-2017, 12:17 AM
Honestly, even though it's been only a few weeks, i can't really remember. I don't think i made an account until i was into the game and prompted to do so, but i can't be sure.

At this point, one solution might be to make a second account (from within the game when you click Live Forever), so that you can tie that account to the character you are already using.

Citan
01-21-2017, 02:26 AM
You now have two accounts, one you made through the website and the guest account you're playing from. There is no way to combine them, sorry. (This confusion is the reason we are phasing out creation of accounts from the website -- the new forum's accounts aren't connected to the game, so now the only way to make in-game accounts will be from inside the game.)

I would just use a new account name for your guest account so your character is saved. Alternatively, you can abandon your guest account's character and choose "Let Me Log In As Someone Else" button from the login screen, and then log into the account you made via the forum. But then your current guest account character will be lost in limbo forever.