PDA

View Full Version : Calligraphy training help

spider91301
02-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Is it now impossible to learn calligraphy my friend in my guild has close friends with the npc but still cant learn it I learned mine from joeh so are like new players screwed or is it you need soulmates or something

ShieldBreaker
02-03-2018, 07:57 PM
Are they close friends with Sammie in Serbule Hills or Joeh. I think your suppose to learn it from Sammie now, but I have heard people say things like they did the Favor Leather Party and started it that way. Have they talked to Sammie about Calligraphy in particular?

Wish I could be more help on this, but I too learned it from Joeh way back on each of my characters. So if anyone has done it from scratch recently, chime in and help clear it up. It would be nice to know for sure.

BetaNotus
02-03-2018, 08:01 PM
My information matches ShieldBreaker's.
The 8/28/17 patch notes mention that...

* Joeh no longer unlocks Calligraphy. That is now unlocked by a new NPC in Serbule Hills.
* Jara no longer trains the recipes for calligraphy benches. They are taught by a new NPC, Paul Vaughn.

spider91301
02-04-2018, 09:29 AM
If thats true rip new people on the bright side glad I learned before this crap happened tempted to make a alt and get soulmates an see if i cant learn it then again why waste all that time

Ells0430
02-04-2018, 11:46 AM
I just learned calligraphy on an alt

You have to do every quest Joah gives you and then he teaches you calligraphy

amhgamer
02-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Seconded on this.

I learned it, without really trying to, by doing favors/feeding bacon to Joeh. After I had learned it, when i talked to Sammie, she gave me some additional recipes.

spider91301
02-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Nope tried the same thing with her it she wont even teach you even if you do all that crap rip the future generation of swordsmen perma handycapped maxed her out on a alt at soulmates and did all her favors she does nothing

Madmatx
02-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Even if it actually is broken, why are some people posting as if it will never be fixed and new people should just give up now and forever?

Ells0430
02-05-2018, 02:12 AM
You keep saying "her" but the person that teaches calligraphy is Joah (the armor guy in Serb) not Sammie. I learned it after I did the last quest he gave me (the one where you give him 50 leather rolls) I don't think it has much to do with how close you are with him...I know I am not soulmates. I hope this helps :)

Silvonis
02-05-2018, 02:59 AM
If there's an issue, please report it in-game and then remain patient. spider91301, I've told you this previously but please utilize the resources available like the wiki and the patch notes. You'll find most of your questions already answered. Thanks.