PDA

View Full Version : My Project Gorgon Review In 2018

Nocht
01-16-2018, 07:04 PM
Hey guys, I just want to share my latest video with everyone here. It's my impressions, overview and review of my time so far in Project: Gorgon.

https://youtu.be/kF8LKIrdDLw

To be very honest, I had initially planned to only play the game for 1-2 days to check the progression and make a first impression video, but I was happily surprised by the level of depth and enjoyment I found every single day I logged in. Left and right, there was something that made me go "Wow, that's really well done." or "I haven't seen that anywhere else before.." Project: Gorgon makes me think about my actions, my fellow players, my present part in the world, and my future in it. I love that!

Now going into my 10th or 11th day, pulling my girlfriend to play now as well, I can honestly say that Project: Gorgon is one of the most amusing MMORPGs I have played in a while, and I play.. a lot of MMOs. There's still a lot I need to learn and discover about the game, but I thought I have enough grasp! ;)

This game deserves a lot more attention than it gets, especially as it heads toward the Steam early access "next month-ish". Anyways, I hope you find my video to be a fair one and thanks for watching!

Well.. it's almost dinner time, so back to meal prep for me!

https://i.imgur.com/puG36FW.jpg

drivendawn
01-16-2018, 10:04 PM
Nice video, No worries on the character customization as there will be more added before the real launch. Three other races will be added as well dwarf, fairies, and orcs. Glad your having fun!:D

Karamasha
01-17-2018, 08:33 AM
it's awesome you guys are making new videos and do spread the word!

The only thing i don't like about gorgon is that it takes a whole week for npc's to refill their gold pool.

I actually love that cooking is a very important skill.

Crissa
01-17-2018, 11:29 AM
The only thing i don't like about gorgon is that it takes a whole week for npc's to refill their gold pool.
You know, I've been playing for a couple years and I've never ran anyone but Marna out of gold? Oh, wait, I ran the new lady in the castle in south serbule hills out the first time I met her.

It's all about favor. They don't want to give all their coin to a single player, ya know. Unless you're friends.

srand
01-17-2018, 03:58 PM
Great video! Thank you very much for sharing it with us. It's really valuable to see what you liked - and what you didn't. :) And it's absolutely great to hear that you are having fun. That's what we're aiming for!

Karamasha
01-18-2018, 09:25 AM
You know, I've been playing for a couple years and I've never ran anyone but Marna out of gold? Oh, wait, I ran the new lady in the castle in south serbule hills out the first time I met her.

It's all about favor. They don't want to give all their coin to a single player, ya know. Unless you're friends.

Is it possible to get bigger gold pool than you get at soulmates because both Marna and Fainor ran out of gold fast.
im not against the system that much i just think 1 week is too harsh, IMO i find like 3 days more reasonable.

Gruffon
01-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Is it possible to get bigger gold than you get at soulmates because both Marna and Fainor ran out of gold fast.
im not against the system that much i just think 1 week is too harsh, IMO i find like 3 days more reasonable.

I think Marna, Fainor, and other Serbule vendors are really just intended to help new players get their first ~10k and move on, rather than squatting in Serbule for a week grinding out 100k through level 10 resources. Their cash pools are limited in order to encourage players to seek out more profitable vendors elsewhere. It's also an incentive for higher-level players to make use of those vendors and resources in higher-level areas rather than relying on the vendors in Serbule.

poulter
01-18-2018, 10:56 AM
There are various vendors that have greater cash pools in Eltibule onwards, especially at Soul mates e.g. in Eltibule, one NPC has 100k, another has 80k at soulmate, even if they are selective as to what they will buy. In Serbule, there are NPCs with 40 to 60k cash pools at soul mate.

Edit: Just did a quick check in Serbule & at soul mate reputation I have 6 NPCs with cash pools in excess of 50k with most of them at 60k+

Crissa
01-18-2018, 12:55 PM
Is it possible to get bigger gold pool than you get at soulmates because both Marna and Fainor ran out of gold fast.
Well, Fainor buys the same stuff as the Gardener. Marna buys anything, but... You rarely need her to buy anything at all. You just have to sell the right thing to the right person.

There's a fairy and a mushroom and an orc also around Serbule that'll buy stuff, too.

Don't sell stuff to Marna unless no one else will buy it? It seems pretty simple. Why are you selling anything to Marna? She's got a tiny pool because she'll buy almost anything.

I literally buy more stuff from Marna than I sell her.

Karamasha
01-18-2018, 02:54 PM
Yeah there will be enough NPCs in the end, i'm planning on maxing favor with as many NPCs as i can.
This will still always be something i will dislike about the game, but i can't speak for you guys the majority of the playerbase probably like this system and i just have to live with it.

Ryker
01-18-2018, 03:00 PM
Yeah there will be enough NPCs in the end, i'm planning on maxing favor with as many NPCs as i can.
This will still always be something i will dislike about the game, but i can't speak for you guys the majority of the playerbase probably like this system and i just have to live with it.

I definitely get why you don't like it. I will say that I enjoy the thought of actually building reputations with NPC's throughout the world. It makes things seem a bit more genuine rather than just a robotic experience. Unique at least.

Nocht
01-25-2018, 06:16 PM
Nice video, No worries on the character customization as there will be more added before the real launch. Three other races will be added as well dwarf, fairies, and orcs. Glad your having fun!:D

Thank you and that's good to hear! I'm looking forward to seeing those playable races will be. Playing as an orc sounds interesting. ;)

it's awesome you guys are making new videos and do spread the word!

I actually love that cooking is a very important skill.

PG deserves the attention for sure so I will do what I can to support the game and spread the word through my videos.

Great video! Thank you very much for sharing it with us. It's really valuable to see what you liked - and what you didn't. :) And it's absolutely great to hear that you are having fun. That's what we're aiming for!

I'm glad you liked it and even more so that my opinions are heard by you guys!