PDA

View Full Version : Greetings - Linux

Daela
01-14-2018, 08:24 AM
I'd never heard of Project:Gorgona and came across an article on GamingOnLinux a couple of days ago. "Oh! An MMORPG of some sort that runs on Linux".

Downloaded and logged in to check things out and ended up spending a little over three hours in the first session. I very much enjoy the gameplay and direction this is going. Reminds me of the older games of my 'earlier' years of gaming where you aren't lead around by your hand at every turn. I like classless/skill-based systems so I'm anxious to dig a bit deeper and see how things progress.

I'm thrilled that the game runs on Linux and I wouldn't be here if it didn't.
Big thanks to the devs for offering up the Linux client!

-Daela

ShieldBreaker
01-14-2018, 09:08 AM
Hi Daela, welcome to Project: Gorgon :)

I started playing on windows, switched to Linux when microsoft was forcing people to upgrade to windows 10, but ended up going back to windows when I got a new computer. Glad it works on Linux as well, for that reason and that it lets Linux user play as well.

Hope to see you in game.

Hood
01-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Also on Linux. Also love this game. Also welcome!

Lacsap
01-16-2018, 04:59 PM
Linux Debian here too. I love this game, I would be glad to support it when it is released on Steam. However, does someone know if Linux will be officially supported? I do not have Windows and I do not plan to buy Windows either.

Citan
01-17-2018, 07:15 AM
Yep, we plan to provide the game for the Windows, Linux, and Mac versions of Steam.

Tagamogi
01-17-2018, 09:13 AM
Yep, we plan to provide the game for the Windows, Linux, and Mac versions of Steam.

:D :D Thank you!!! :D :D I was hoping the Steam release would include Linux from the start now. It's nice that I won't have to mess with Wine!

( Also, shame on the posting software for only allowing me to use 4 smilies with this post. I feel it calls for more!)

MellowTigger
03-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Just another voice to say that I'm a Linux user on Steam, and I'm glad to see that this game will release on all of Steam's supported platforms simultaneously.

Puppetan
03-22-2018, 12:17 PM
Aye, It is nice to see Linux support. I was playing the alpha test (stand-alone) client a few weeks before the Steam release. I'm not ecstatic about Steam so am staying out of the game until it is supported again as a stand-alone (not requiring Steam).

I've watched from the sidelines though - saw the population easily triple once they added the client there so I'm hesitant to be too loud about my opinion since it isn't common (not liking Steam) but someone said in about a year they expect to allow stand-alone client again full-time. I know it's usable for another week or so but it won't be soon and once I heard they were moving to Steam only, stopped logging in.

Just a note I guess that I'll be keeping my eyes open for the time when Steam isn't mandatory to be in the game :D

Links watching progress.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/342940/Project_Gorgon/
http://steamcharts.com/app/342940