PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Donation Tracker

Varnoc
01-18-2017, 12:19 PM
Can this be a statistic that shows up just on our personal profiles? I'm not really comfortable having that number next to every person's profile. It makes me feel like it has some relevance to the poster's credibility, and I really feel the amount of money someone's contributed to the game shouldn't impact the value of their opinions.

I'm fine with this being some thing we have the choice to go out of our way to look at, such as inspecting another user's profile, but it being so overt makes it difficult to ignore. I would also add the option to make this a hidden value by default. Those that wish to disclose how much they've donated have the option to do so, but it's something that requires input.

Crissa
01-18-2017, 06:07 PM
It does seem like something that should be optional.

...Although it shows Zero for me, and I supported the Kickstarter and the Indiegogo.

FURY
01-18-2017, 09:56 PM
I would third this. It seems a bit, I dunno... Pushy? i guess, not in good taste? maybe... Its a 'this rubs the wrong way' kind of feeling, I mean yeh, thats cool that you donated, but displaying it out like that is the Equivilent of THOSE PEOPLE that have 1000 bumber stickers on their car about all the same subject... it shows they care, but otherwise it just adds more to the Profile thing next to post that already have lots of stuff in them... 7 things(w/o donations) + profile pic

It just seems that it would cause problems, and that there is even a thread up like this shows that it will. While offering little meaningful information.

I get that we want to show off donators, and fancy new forum stuff, but there are better things that can be twittled with I feel, as this could do the opposite of your intention and keep people from donating, or turn the system into some kind of one up silliness, and then it looses all meaning.

grumpygamer
01-19-2017, 06:29 AM
Can this be a statistic that shows up just on our personal profiles? I'm not really comfortable having that number next to every person's profile. It makes me feel like it has some relevance to the poster's credibility, and I really feel the amount of money someone's contributed to the game shouldn't impact the value of their opinions.

I'm fine with this being some thing we have the choice to go out of our way to look at, such as inspecting another user's profile, but it being so overt makes it difficult to ignore. I would also add the option to make this a hidden value by default. Those that wish to disclose how much they've donated have the option to do so, but it's something that requires input.

I support this!

Silvonis
01-19-2017, 09:25 AM
Thanks for reporting this. I was originally considering the idea but ultimately decided against it. It must have slipped through when I went from testing to live.